Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Thanks LonnieB

Just wanted to offer a public thank you to Lonnie B. On our way up from Texas to Colorado, we stopped off in Farwell, Texas to see Lonnie B and to get a pair of new tires on our truck. I'm sure no one who has dealt with Lonnie is at all surprised that we got excellent service from Lonnie and his team. He even went beyond the call of duty by climbing under our Big Sky to check out the axles and try to figure out why we are still getting uneven tire wear with our rig.

In the three years we have been on the road, we have benefitted from all the good advice Lonnie has provided, especially about tires, and it was a pleasure to be able to thank him in person. And of course, if your travels ever take you up to his neck of the woods, I'm sure he would love to have you drop in and say hello.

P.S. Lonnie offers an extra discount to MOC members!!!!

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Thank YOU David and Jo-Anna, for the kind words. It's always a pleasure meeting new folks, even more when they are MOC family. We all enjoyed your visit and hope you enjoyed your stay in our neck of the woods.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Stichwerks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8548
I agree with your thoughts on Lonnie and his service and advice. Lonnie was able to clear my spinning head on my tire issue and he had no monetary gain from it. It is good people like Lonnie that make this forum awesome. I made the decision to dump my Missions and head to the BFG Commercial T/A bandwagon. When I went to my local dealer to pick up the tires they had ordered the BFG Commercial T/A Traction tires because they said the All Season were no longer available. Dealer told me they were supposed to be better than the All Season tires. Called BFG and found out that they are the winter tire and the All Season are backordered. Sure don't need a winter tire here in the desert of Arizona. Pulling to Mexico for the month of June and didn't think I would run into any snow or ice. Lonnie was able to look at the new traction tread and recommended against those. Lonnie recommended that I switch to the 235/85/16. I was able to call the dealer and changed from the 245/75/16 to 235/85/16 which are available here in Phoenix.
Thanks Lonnie I can now rest easy.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
Stichwerks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8548
Update...BFG rep from corporate called me today and said to definetly stay away from the BFG Commercial T/A "Traction" tire for a trailer. He stated tread wear and noise would be a factor. He said the traction tread is designed for areas that require additional traction and not designed for 100% pavement use.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
David JoAnna and Lonnie B,

Sometime in life we know good people just by their advice, demeanor and overall nature. I ditto x 10 your comments about Lonnie. I've talked to him on the phone and via emails. He is a true professional and now I feel kinda bad that you actually bought some "product" from him. Hopefully next winter on the way to AZ we can stop in to his shop and send some dinero his way!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:58 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

David JoAnna and Lonnie B,

Sometime in life we know good people just by their advice, demeanor and overall nature. I ditto x 10 your comments about Lonnie. I've talked to him on the phone and via emails. He is a true professional and now I feel kinda bad that you actually bought some "product" from him. Hopefully next winter on the way to AZ we can stop in to his shop and send some dinero his way!
He may be a little out of the way of your normal touring roads, however you won't be disappointed. He has become one of our great friends.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Lonnie was a big help to me in my recent tire purchase even though he didn't make a single buck out of it. And I appreciate him pointing me to the Tire Pros website to find a good dealer. I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting Lonnie but next time we are anywhere within reasonable distance I will remedy that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote