Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
radioattic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9967
The kids are doing well

All of our children are grown and doing well. We have them from engineer to dentist to welder to PhD to housewife (edited to order by age), and I'm prouder than I can be of all of them. We are thankful that in their own way, each is better off (spiritually, financially, whatever) than Mom and me. And sometimes I get a bit jealous for different reasons, especially of the oldest son, who in a few years will be semi-retired and probably fulltiming at age 45.

Son #2 is a dentist. He called the other night and announced he & his DW bought a new home (#3 since dental school).

Anyway, I thought, How nice, we're both moving up. He bought a new house.

I bought a new toilet.

Life is good.

radioattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Steve - you can't beat that. Being proud of our children is a wonderful feeling. For us, we are at the beginnings of grandparenthood as well and this is even more fun.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Between Vickie and I, we have 6 kids and 11 grandchildren. We are proud of everyone of them. They have all done well and the ones that are married are raising responsible young citizens.
I'm rebuilding a toilet. I can't justify buying a new one.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you have given them an education, enough wisdom to use it wisely, enough fortitude to be productive, and have led them toward the source of right thinking and moral integrity, you have given your children a greater inheritance than all the dollars or gold coins in the world.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Well put, Stiles!! If they were taught good moral values and have a moral compass, it is the most valuable thing we can give them.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jim are you rebuilding yours out of wood and is it a " 1 or 2 holer"?
We are very proud of our two boys also. At the present we have an 18 month old grandson, with another granddaughter on the way on March 29th unless she decides that's to long to wait! Our oldest is still single and married to his job but we keep telling him that one day "that special lady" will walk up to him and he will be on "cloud nine" from that point forward! Both boys are into the computer field as well as the daughter-in-law so when I need help and Mary can't figure it out a call goes out for assistance and things get taken care of! LOL Sure glad they didn't have to start out with their jobs and wages like I did! They would never make it now a days!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote