Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
Montana_78

M.O.C. #78
Keystone Service Depaartment

Does anyone have a suggestion to get Keystone's Service Department to listen. A piece of roof decking on my 2004 3400 came loose. At first Keystone was very responsive asking me to take the trailer to Goshen and make a list of anyrhing that was wrong. The Service Writer said they would probably have to replace the membrane because once you started pulling it back it would have to come completely off and be replaced. Now he denies that and said we just pulled it back and "fixed the problem and put it back .
The shower has been leaking and sealed 3 or 4 times. I told him that but they sealed it again rather than look for the root of the problem. When I mentioned that it had been resealed before and didn't solve the problem he just stated that was what was done. It's a shame they started out great but lost it in the execution.

Montana_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I would take it back to the dealer and tell them the problem has not been fixed and you will keep bringing it back untill it has been fixed properly, then insted of calling JUST Keystone call the manufacture of the rubber roof company too, get names of the people you talk to. Document dates, times, and names. you have a beginning already started the recipts for work done prevously on the roof. If you have a service writer that skirts around the truth, have another person along with you to verify the conversation if needed. in other words keep a maintenance diary. see if you have another autherised dealer that you can take it to insted of the current one, I sure hope that you can get your problem resolved it sure will take a lot of pressure off you and make your Mmontana more enjoyable.

TT2
Old 11-27-2005, 03:00 AM   #3
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
While it would seem reasonable that the dealer or the factory would check out what is leaking sometimes you just have to do it yourself to eliminate the frustration and aggravation with others not doing their job. Suggest you check out the following:

Remove shower access doors and see if the leak is at the water line connections - if so just tighten.

With access door removed check if it is leaking under the bathtub faucet mounts on the tub - if so loosen and put caulking underneath where the faucet sits on the tub.

If the leak is on the walls buy a good grade of caulking and simply run a bead around the tub area.

I fixed all the above on my unit and no more leaks.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:44 AM   #4
rvghostdriver
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4518
I find they know their business. Are you sure it is not fixed? They might know what needs to do to fix it and it is fixed right. Are you sure?
rvghostdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
Montana_78

M.O.C. #78
I'm positive it wasn't fixed. After making a number of calls they agreed to take anoother look and found a crack in the back of the fawcet. There isn't an access panel in th epantry so the only way to find it was to remove th esurround. Sometimes it's not the easy fix.
Montana_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don & Jayne, I'm a bit confused. Did they get it fixed for you?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #7
Montana_2008
Established Member

M.O.C. #2008
Service Dept SUCKS BIG TIME, I ask them an electrical question and they told me they didnt have any electrical digrams of the trailer. DAUH
Montana_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:10 PM   #8
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
I must admit that our experience so far with the keystone service department has been good. They have been responsive each time that i have called. But more importantly, our dealership has been amazing. They have been great every time that we have come to them with problems. The dealership to me is the most important factor in buying an Rv. If the dealership is not trustworthy, don't buy there...Les
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
mtman1313

As far as we know there are NO electrical diagrams of any Keystone product, there may be a trailer made out there that you can get them for, but that would be a rarety.

Please remember that Keystone makes running changes, the unit that comes off the line this AM, may not be the same as the identical model number that comes off the line tomorrow AM. Do a search here, you will find we have discussed both running changes and electrical diagrams a nuber of times. Search the archives too!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote