Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
CamperDave

M.O.C. #4963
Installing Home Theater

Hi everyone!

My wife and I just purchased a 2006 Mountaineer 297RKS and are going to spend part of the winter setting it up and making a few modifications. One of the first things I want to do is remove the little Sanyo stereo and install a nice little DVD/home theater system. The rig already came with two ceiling mounted rear speakers. I removed one to check the ohms and it matches the rest of the set (6 ohms) so I will use those. However, I will still need to mount the front speakers and run the wires.

I want to ceiling mount the speakers - they are little cubes and are pretty lightweight. I also have some nifty brackets, but I am not quite sure how to approach running the wires. I have checked with my dealer and their service folks will do it for about $350. I'm pretty mechanical as long as I get some good guidance or at least have a good plan or a manual. Has anyone tackled this before (with a Mountaineer?) or can anyone give me some advice about what is up there in the ceiling and how best to run the wires?

Thanks,

Dave

CamperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Dave,
I changed out the RCA stereo that came in ours for a Sony Surround system. I did not mount the speakers on the ceiling but it shouldn't be too hard. I ran RG6 cables for satellite uing an electical fish tape. I removed the shrouds from the vents and could fish wires from vent to vent and then to the entertainment areas in the ivingroom and bedroom. I left a pull string between the bedroom and livingroom in case I want to pull anything else later. (I learned a long time ago to always pull an extra string when you pull wires. It cuts down on labor at a later date ) All that is above the ceiling is fiberglass insulation. I tried to be careful and not move it with the fish tape.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote