Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
Montana_225

M.O.C. #225
Hensley Hitch on a Mountaineer Travel Trailer

When I picked up our new Mountaineer 325FKBS this week, I had the dealer transfer my Hensley Hitch from my old Sunline travel trailer to the new TT. Installing the Hensley on the new trailer turned out be be unusally difficult because the rack that holds the RV battery blocks the precise point where the Hensley attaches to the coupler frame arms. Two men from the dealer spent well over an hour just cutting a hole in the battery rack to provide space for the Hensley to be attached.

One other minor problem is that the Hensley adds about 15 inches to the length of the hitch assembly, which made the safety chains and emergency brake cable too short. Since the safety chains are welded to the TT frame, the dealer had to splice a length of chain onto the existing chains.

Once we got over these installation problems, the TT towed well. I highly recommend these Hensley hitches.

Ashley & Mary Ann Hinman
325FKBS Mountaineer TT
2002 Silverado Crew Cab w Duramax Diesel 4x4
Hensley Hitch

Montana_225 is offline   Reply With Quote