Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
new spot for the cat litter box

my wife found a new spot for the cat litter box in our 3685. she removed the panel under the bedroom mirror and remounted it aprox. 6 inches off to the left. so now there is a 6 inch opening to the outside compartment that she put the cat litter box in. now to empty all you do is go outside and open the rear compartment....no more mess inside!not only did she think of it herself, she did it before I got home. it did make me nervous when she called me at work and told me that she "cut a hole through the back wall"

BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:09 AM   #2
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thumbs up for a great solution! We are down to one travelling feline--the noisy one refuses to adjust and so do we--she will be left at home to the tender mercies of a neighbor. Still trying to find a spot in the 2980RL for the box though now we can do w/ a much smaller one.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Sounds like you’re still “customizing” the coach! I still haven’t had the chance to open the area above the microwave like you’ve done. I’ll probably get to that in Sept. – Oct. when I have more time. We’re leaving on Saturday for a two week vacation in Myrtle Beach. That should give us a chance to find all the areas that need to be “utilized to their fullest”.

One area I worked on over the weekend was the closet above the frig. They should have put a shock / strut on that door to keep it open when in use. I found one at Camping World and installed it. I did have to use longer screws on the hinges because the pressure of the shock / strut wanted to pull the short screws out of the frame. At least now you don’t have to “use your head” to keep the door open while in there. I did the same thing to the door for the DVD. You would think Keystone would put shocks on those types of doors given the price you pay for the camper!

Bill
Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:57 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
well that's using your head!!!! LOL
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:03 AM   #5
Montana_1970
Established Member

M.O.C. #1970
Seems like all subjects are open for discussion here so let me jump in...
Montana_1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:48 AM   #6
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
I have a 3295RK and I cut a hole in the wall between the steps and the cabinet by the entry to give access to the litter box in the basement. I use a covered box so the cats can't get to the rest of the basement. Anyone attending the Rally next month can see it during the Show and Tell session if you're interested.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 05:06 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good solutions, all. Billy Ray, now you and I know what it's like to have wives smarter than us. I see in another thread that Rockrheino has the same situation. Lucky guys, we are.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:35 AM   #8
Montana_1993

M.O.C. #1993
We just bought a '02 Montana 2955RL. We travel with 5 cats and need a large cat box. On our model, there is a double door cabinet under the desk and TV. We installed a vertical partition in the center of this cabinet and cut a whole in the left back panel into the outside storage. The left door can remain open for the cats and when we need to empty the box, we close the door, take a head count, and then open the outside compartment door.
Montana_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:22 PM   #9
Montana_741
Established Member

M.O.C. #741
Nice to read what others are doing, seems to be floor-plan-specific.

My cat door is next to the steps in my 3575RL, they have the run of the basement. I lift the laundry chute to scoop poop into ziplock bags.

The best part of this solution is zero smell inside the coach, and I can detect the tiniest .ppm of black tank--so I'd know.

Lynne
Montana_741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:05 AM   #10
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
A question for fellow cat lovers. Where do the cats ride when you are on the road? We have three and they all hate being in the truck....
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:22 PM   #11
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Snowbunny,

Our cat, Crystal, loves traveling. Her and our dog, Buff, usually share the entire back seat area, with the seat folded down, when we are traveling alone. When Crystal gets tired of the back area, she usually lies on the console between the 2 front seats or sit on the seat with Barbara. Buff doesn't care, he usually lies quietly in the rear seat area. If Crystal goes to the front, he sprawls out with his head near the opening between the 2 front seats. If we have family or friends with us, Crystal will ride on the console or sit on the seat beside Barbara. Buff feels somewhat cramped, but will sit on the back seat between whoever is sitting in the back or when he feels cramped, he will lie on the floorboard. I guess we are lucky. Crystal has been from KC to Houston 4 times after we got her in 1999, she was about 1 yr old, plus to all the trips we have taken since. Buff was adopted in 2001. They both go with us wherever we go. Buff is my shadow, he is with me whenever I leave the house, except for work.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote