Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
toilet seat replacement

We have a Dometic Traveler Lite model 210 toilet. Does anyone know if we can use a standard toilet seat and cover? DH was told that it will be very expensive to replace with the Dometic brand seat. Thanks for the replies

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Wee replaced our with a seat right out of Home Depot, works good. We have an 07 3400rl, don't know if it's a different toilet or not, size wise. measure the lenght and with and check with stock sizes at the store.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
If the dimensions match, then why not. I'd only worry that the replacement is too heavy for the bowl. Maybe you can try the plastic replacement.

Anything with the letters RV will drive up the price of ANY item.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
JimF, I loved your "Wee." I figured it was a typo but it fit, eh?
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #5
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
We posted before on this. I've pasted it in for you. Our suggestion is to measure, then buy at a place where you can take it back. I (DW) love my removable toilet seat. Sure makes cleaning easy.

"If you haven't discovered the Bemis Toilet seat available at Lowes, Home Depot (and probably elsewhere) yet, you are missing out. I have always hated cleaning toilets, and especially hated trying to clean in and around the hinges. The Bemis toilet seat has snaps so they are easily removeable. What I love is being able to easily unsnap the seat, put it in the shower and spray it with hot water to clean. Then I just wipe it off and snap it back onto the cleaned toilet. I found a site on line with a YouTube demonstration. And, no, I don't have any stock in Bemis! I just like making a dirty job easier.
Sharon

http://www.bemisseats.com/retail/install/easycleanandchange.php"
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Footloose...thanks, I remember seeing your post earlier this year. I not only want them for the Casa, but now I want them for the stick house to. Hey DH...get the plastic card thingy out..we're going shopping!!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
The new Bemis is in place!! Thanks Footloose for the suggestion. When we get back to the stick house I will have DH replace the seats there too. What a difference in price from what the man at Camping World told my husband. It is just a tiny bit smaller than the actual bowl, but nothing that can make a problem. Thanks again for the great suggestion.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
After reading about the Bemis and being removable I went out and got one, the only problem I had was the toilet had to be removed to remove and put the new one on, I did not change the bowl seal I used the same one, I did buy a spaire just in case it turns out to be a problem. you never know.
Thanks footloose for posting that informastion.