Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Nashville TN, today, need place to rest

OKKKK, CountryGuy and the Mrs are headed to Nashville Tn, TODAY

I know, nothing like last minute, but, how bout some recommendations for campgrounds.

Running I 65, would prefer to stay close to route.

Thanks!!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
That is ironic, we will be using Nashville as a stopover next Friday night on the way to Destin. Here is where I am considering. http://www.nashvillecountryrvpark.com Will eavesdrop on this thread for comments or alternatives since we haven't made a reservation.....yet,
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Wish we could help, but we stayed at a COE off I-40 and it is now closed for the season. Are you just staying there for an overnight or for a few days? Bingo's suggestion sounds good and reasonabally priced.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
If you want to travel about an hour or so south, Texas T is an over night campground. Gravel pads pretty level with full hook up. We make that our over night stop on the way back from our trips to Destin area. Texas T is right of of I65. Nothing in the area to do or see, just an over nighter
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
John & I stayed at Nashville country RV park everytime we went to Nashville. I believe it is exit 97. Phone # is 615-859-0348 going south on I-65. They also take passport america.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:47 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OKKK, thanks, two good choices, PA does not seem to apply on Thursday night at Nashville Country RV Park. Will report back what we decide to do, have to call cousin Phyllis to see if we can manage a meet.

on edit, we have decided on Nashville Country RV.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
we have stayed at 3 RIVERS CAMPGROUNDS evertime we been in Nashville its on Music Valley road that rigth close to Grand old opera. and if you want to tour nashville take the tommy tour or redneck tour you will havew lots of fun on both..............
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We also recomend Three Rivers also we had a mini Rally there in Sept. And if your going South on I-65 Birmingham South Campground at exit #242 phone # 205-664-8830 and if you want to go South of Mountgomery, Ala. Sherling Lake Campground at exit #130 phone # 334-382-3638 or 1-800-810-5253, going South go to top of the ramp and turn right for 3 miles and its on the left go slow if you run past it you can't turn around for 15 mile. Have fun.. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
KKKK, we are in Nashville Country R Park. Not without a bit of excitement, as when we arrived there was a serious accident RIGHT IN FRONT of the campground, in fact, the ambulance was parked IN the drive.

We had asked for a level pull thru, and indeed it is VERY level side to side, but not aft to rear, and we had to unhook. We did not want to go there, call us lazy, but, hey this is our Montana, our way! LOL

When CountryGuy pointed out this little unlevel stuff, one of the staff gals mumbled something about this is not her first Rodeo?

I am still trying to figure out what the heck a rodeo has to do with my rv unlevel aft to rear???

Ya, I will probably blog about it later tonight.

Passport America rates do NOT apply Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights here, just for your info. They did give us the Good Sam rate.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Carol,
Are there sites there that you don't have to unhook? That is what I was hoping for also since we will be arriving next Friday around 9 or 10 and leaving early the next morning. I could even handle a back-in if they have large enough, level enough ones where we can stay hooked up.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Bingo, the site we are in is number 25, and it is long enough to stay hooked up, for sure, I guess it depends on what your toleranaces are for unlevel. Side to side is pretty decent, aft to rear, another story, and, yes, it is on my blog for tonight, here:

http://www.reflectionsfromthefence.com/2009/11/dear-campground-personal-what-rodeo.html

Sorry, I did not look at other campsites around us.

If you can stand unlevel front to rear, at least on this site, you could stay hooked up. CountryGuy felt it was toooooo unlevel to do so.

Al WILL eyeball some of the other sites for you tomorrow, and give you our best guess.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Carol,

If you are in Nashville tonight, it would be tough to get to Gulf Shores in daylight in one hop. Consider stopping next at Capitial City RV Park near Montgomery. Call first though, because they do not have a lot of empty sites, and it is going to be Friday night. It is about 10 miles off I-65, but it is an easy drive on 4 lane highways. Get directions from them, S&T has it very wrong!

From there, you would have an easy 3-1/2 to 4 hour run into Gulf Shores.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
John, believe we will hold here for about 48 hours, then mosey that a way.

We are retarded, errrrr, retired, and one day more or less won't matter in the end. I still might get to connect with my cousin, specially now that we had to unhook. I'll give her a ring again in the morning.

Thanks for the great campsite data for the rest of our trip, John and Delaine & Lindy.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #14
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Sounds like a good idea to spend the weekend in Nashville. You are "out of Dodge" now, so no weather worries. (To me, crossing the Ohio River counts as getting out of Dodge.)
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I will watch for Al's take on the sites, then decide what we will do, maybe have to follow BW2's advice and stay on the road for another hour and stay at Texas T's. I looked at the pics on their website and at least they are on flat land. When I arrive in the Nashville area it will be after seven hours on the road and I don't really want to do a full-scale set-up only to have to tear down early the next morning. And considering John's concerns, since I am still young at heart (in two weeks I will be 29 for the 21st time), we will be pulling into Topsail Hill Saturday afternoon the 21st. I think it will be about an eight hour pull on Saturday, beats the 15-16 hour straight through that I will endure for the return trip. One more week and I am sooooooo looking forward to it!!
Bingo

Old 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Carol, if ya head downtown be sure to hit "The Stage"...it is my favorite bar and the place we spend most of our time while in Nashville. The front corner table upstairs is the place to get for people watching and good beer drinking.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Wildhorse Saloon is our favorite downtown Carol.. I love to watch the line dancers there. If you have never been to Grand Ole Opry, Friday night is a great time to go. It is an experience that everyone should try at least once.

Of course if you stay at Capitol City Park near Montgomery, you are just a few miles from Glen, Judy and Daniel.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 AM   #18
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Have done the Grand Ole Opry, in 2000, it was FAB!! Not sure we are taking Big Butt downtown, but, I will note the name of the bars, etc, THANKS!!!

Bingo, Al is looking at the map of the campground right now, and is indicating this # 25 is THE LONGEST is the campground.

I will repeat, it may be alright for you, depending on your comfort zone. I would guess that to many other rvers, this front to rear thingy would not be an issue, but, it is to my dude! We each have our comfort levels, this was out of his.

I'll try to explain: We are unhooked right now, and the bottom of Tana's nose is about even with Big Butt's side bed rails. I am wildly guessing, we had to lower Tana's nose about 4 inches from where it would be if hooked up to Big Butt.

Al seems to think it might be even as much as 8 inches from hookup to where we are now sitting. OKKK, this is way tooo complicated with only one cup of java. We unhooked, Tana is now level, Al is now happy! LOL

But, we will have a walk around for ya, need the walk anyway, gives us an excuse to NOT skip it!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Carol,
Thanks for the info and the levelness (is that a word??) does matter to me. We will have our fridge running and my understanding is when sitting still the fridge needs to be pretty much level. In addition we will be extending our slides and I definitely prefer to do that on a level setting. If that is the best site and it is typical of the others and there is a half foot difference from the front to the back of the rig when hooked up, I would most definitely drive another hour for a level site at Texas T's. Besides, on the bright side, that would knock an hour off of Saturday's pull. Still hoping to be able to have our paths cross if you are going to be in the general Pensacola area Thanksgiving week (if our plans don't change). Our youngest one was having abdominal pains yesterday and had to have a CT scan, blood work, urine test, and a bunch of other things and goes for a couple more tests today. Hopefully by the end of the day we will know more about whether we have to cancel our trip. I am praying not, cause DOD (dear old dad) needs the break. If anybody wants to throw a prayer for healing upwards, her name is Ashley.
Bingo

Old 11-13-2009, 03:54 AM   #20
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We went to the Wild Horse Saloon one time. We were travelling in a MH with friends who insisted that we all had to go to the Wild Horse. I can't remember any directions, but I do remember that there was a big municipal parking lot where we could park even a Class A MH within walking distance of the Wild Horse. If you are going to be in Nashville, you might as well do it right!