Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park

We are at the Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone for a few days and have spotted 5 or 6 other Montana rigs here. Last night, we met up with fellow MOCers Dave and Leslie Hanna (Gramps) from Ririe, Idaho--really nice folks and fun to meet people we know only from the forum. If you're here, too, we're in site 80. Stop by and introduce yourselves.

I was afraid this park, being at the West Entrance to Yellowstone, would be a "Griswold Adventure" type place, but it's beautiful and quiet even through it's huge, and I do mean huge. The landscaping is great (trees between the sites, level parking pads, concrete patio with table), the sites are wide, and the management couldn't have been nicer when we checked in yesterday. Did I mention clean? this place is spotless. I would definitely recommend it as a nice place to stay.

Robbie & Alice, sometimes we just have to do what we have to do . . . forgive us!

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wayne and Carolyn, have you had a chance to visit the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center there in West Yellowstone? We found it very interesting. The grizzlies there were captured because of exceeding the nuisance quota and rather than euthanizing them they were brought to the Discovery Center. They also are used to test new "bear proof" trash container products. There are some on display that failed the test.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We agree with the Park and the Discovery Center. The Center was so great if it hadn't started raining, we might still be there! Be sure to check out the restaurant with the train car display.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wayne and Carolyn Mathews

................Robbie & Alice, sometimes we just have to do what we have to do . . . forgive us!

Carolyn
Rich Folks!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Wayne and Carolyn, wow that really looks like a nice place. I read the rules and see sprinklers water every night. Does the truck and Montana get a bath also or are the sprinklers directed away from the rigs.

Thanks

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Robbie, if that's true, WHY am I still working????????

Ray, the sprinklers do not get the tow vehicle or the rig wet. The grass and a bit of the nice patio table were wet, but that's it. I was impressed because I figured everything would be soaked; it wasn't.

Parrothead and Steve, the Discovery Center is great--what a learning experience. However, we skipped it this time because we'd already been there, done that on a recent trip. We're spoiled; we live less than 2 hours from West Yellowstone/Yellowstone Park, so we get over here frequently. However, the next trip will be a "for the Montana grandkids" one, so we will be going back to the Discovery Center and bringing Clay, Brice, Brock, and Savannah with us. (That should make for a crowded Monty.)

Speaking of kids: There are a LOT of kids here, but this park is quiet. By 8:30 PM, not a creature was stirring. OK--some were stirring, but they were very, very quiet. There are a lot of dogs here, too, but they are very well-behaved. We've enjoyed seeing them and meeting their owners.

Carolyn
Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Stop using up your sick time!!!

Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Waynem--you are so right! Well, I'm going in early next week to work a couple of days in an effort to be Little Miss Sunshine and get off to a good start for the school year. Boy, summer surely did go by fast. What is it with these school districts that feel they have to begin the year before Labor Day? It doesn't seem to matter if we start in mid-August or after Labor Day because we always get out the same time. And starting in August means a lot of kids just don't show up until the Tuesday after Labor Day, figuring rightly that not much will be done before then because so many kids haven't shown up!

OK, OK, no more time off--I have to save every stinkin' hour, right?

Carolyn
Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Have you considered striking a deal with the superintendent and paying a substitute to take your place? It's only money, right?

Getting sick is less costly.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
We stayed at this place twice last September. We stayed for a few days when exploring Yellowstone (and on the way to the Tetons) and then again on our way back from the Tetons we liked it so much. We only left when it appeared that snow was on its way. We were in our SOB (before our beloved Monty) and were afraid of getting stuck. I think now we would just hunker down and enjoy it.

Vicki
Jim n Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Waynem, the problem isn't paying a sub; it's "the rules." I run with scissors, so you know how much I enjoy following the rules, especially those that aren't equally applied. 'Nuff said!

On another note, we're squeezing in a weekend trip to Yellowstone at the end of September or first of October and taking the 4 Montana grandkids, ages 5, 6, 8, and 9. The kids have seen photos of the Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park and can't wait to get to the playground there.

Have we lost our minds? Three high-energy boys and one prissy girl, plus us, in our Montana for three days and two nights?

Carolyn
Old 08-12-2009, 04:52 AM   #12
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Carolyn ... you are indeed brave souls! We had our three youngest little darlings (ages 9, 6 and 3) here for a sleepover last weekend ... It's amazing how three such little girls can make a 3400 shrink so much and so quickly!

My advice ... completely wear them out during the day so they'll be totally exhausted when you get them back to the Montana! Then hose them down, feed them and roll out the sleeping bags. And, of course, schedule at least two days for you and Wayne to recuperate upon your return home

P.S.
I really hope you'll be able to make it to the Spring Rally ... Steve and I would love to meet you guys ...
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote