Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Jelly Stone Park, Portage IN PA Scam

We are staying at the Jellystone park in Portage Indiana and feel that we are being scammed by the CG. They claim that they are a Passport America park. The daily fee for FHU sites is 40 dollars, the Passport rate is 20 dollars but they tack on a 9.00 surcharge, a 9.00 electric charge and a 2.00 Maint fee which adds up to the 20.00 PA discount. So as far as I can see there is really no discount at all. This the first time we have run into this problem at PA park. This is not a bad park but it is pretty crowded. We would stay elsewhere but this only 10 minutes from my cousins house. Just thought I would let ya know... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Does eveyone have to pay these charges or just PA members?
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Several people did not like this park.
http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...a/Portage.html
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Dave, I think you need to report them to Passport America. It sounds like you need to get outta there.

The reviews provided by Bigmurf are consistently awful. And the positive ones mention the same problems (crowded, noisy) they just tolerated them. Many times you can attribute one or two bad reviews as bad luck or someone being way too picky, but not in this case.

I am curious about Phyllen's question though, if the place is just trying to negate the discount, or take advantage of EVERYBODY with a bait and switch.

Thanks for reminding me (like hotels/motels) to ask "What other charges will there be for the campsite?"
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Art, I did that before I posted here. Phyllen, I couldn't get a straight answer from the person I talked to, aside from her inability to speak English very well she didn't seem to be able to understand it either. As far as being noisy here, it is, very noisy. Huge Mexican wedding on one end of the park and between the three Mariachi Bands and the kids racing golf carts around it is stacking up to be a real fun weekend. The other nearest park is 25 miles away. I won't lose any sleep, I have very good meds... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Huge Mexican wedding on one end of the park -three Mariachi Bands!! Well as Jackie Gleason used to say "Away We Go" I would be gone at daylight...I don't like to hook up at night.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow Dave... that's tacky, but I'm not surprised. A wedding at a campground? Must have been put on by a CG resident. Beats the cost of renting a hall. Maybe you can snag a beer. Stay safe.

Let us know when 25 miles away is starting to sound pretty good. DW's meds might not work as well.

I will be staying away from that CG. But I hope you can get some pictures.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #8
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Sure sounds like a rip-off to me. I guess they can add on any charges they want. I too would like to know if those surcharges are added to regylar rates.
Judi Nye
greener is offline   Reply With Quote