Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Twin Creek RV Resort

Twin Creek RV Resort. Nice RV esort in Gatlinburg, TN. Great owners and staff. Pave roads, asphalt pad for the camper, concrete patio, bench, picnic table, and fire ring.

Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well Jay Bird ,,, how did you like the rd to get there , it is a killer,,we are at townsend at big meadow campground .. very nice ,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
jsnip42
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #179
I to love Twin Creek. Been there several times. Close to everything. Only draw back for me was a little pricy. Gave me a rate of $53 a night for a week in November.
jsnip42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Hey Jaybird & Sailer,

We will be staying at Twin Creek later in October, 10/18 - 10/28, I believe. Jaybird, did you come in from the east off of I40 or from the north thru Pigeon Forge?

bw2
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
hi sailer, Big Meadow cg is nice, I have stayed there several times, also on the other end of townsend is where I purchase lots of my carving supplies. Its a really neat place if you have time to visit, (Smokey mountain woodcarvers) take care
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Hey Tom we were in there taday and saw lots of stuff for you hey they even have a book on how to carve a nude , i was going to buy it but sharon said no way ,,, will i see you guys in creek wood in waynesville,nc in the next 10 days ????????????????????/ sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
We stayed in Twin Creek in June of 2007. Just washed and waxed the RV before our family reunion that was being held in the Pidgeon Forge area. We chose to stay at this RV park, and things were fine, but a little tight trying to park. Staff was great, would even help you park your rig if you had trouble getting into your site. After leaving, after an eight night stay with rain, we noticed spots on the RV. Took alot of elbow grease and Awesome and Mr Clean Eraser Pads to get the stains off from the trees. I called the office and was told that they had never had a report like ours. Guess we might be the only campers that have ever had stains from trees, but heah we had just waxed the RV before our trip with Tetford wax. Waxing just about killed me. I was just about in tears when I had to use the Awesome and the Eraser Pad to get the stains off. I knew that we were taking the wax JOB off when we were getting the stains off. We were parked on the creek and backed into the trees so not sure if this made a difference.

Not sure we will stay here again because of the response we got from the office. We were clean when we parked and stained when we left. Because of the road dirt we didn't notice the stains until we washed the rig when we got home. We weren't under any trees after we left the campground.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
bw2,
Came through Pigeon Forge on 441 then North on 321 (Do not look for E Parkway). Get in the inside lane as soon as you get into Gatlingburg and drive to 321 junction. Do not use your GPS once you get into Gatlinburg. It will try to take you down Dudley Creek Road that is a cut off to 321 from 441.

Sailer,
The turn comes up on you quick if you are not looking.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Agree about Twin Creeks. We spent seven weeks in that park and really enjoyed it. They don't (or didn't) accept fulltimer's incoming mail but the post office next door does general delivery.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote