Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I-40

Today we drove from Amarillo, Texas To Gallup, New Mexico.
We passed at least eight Montanas, did we pass you.

helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
My experience is that if I flashed my lights at every Montana that went by, the bulbs would burn out before I got a flash back.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
I was traveling east on I40 into Albuquerque on that particular day and spotted several Montanas heading west. Then I headed north on I25 and spotted several more heading south between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. As was stated, I could wear the switch out on the TV before getting a flash back.
EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I can buy a new switch, I like to see who flashes back.
Maybe 50%, so I guess I will keep trying.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
We were in the area during that general time frame, but headed west as well. I will have to check the log, to see where exactly we were on what date, though.

I try to flash back, but in defense of those that don't, I submit that some times you are too busy to notice every rig that passes by. I will sometimes see a Montana, that has gone by, in my mirror and wonder if I missed their flash. Dragging almost 8 tons of trailer at 65-75 MPH gown the highway is serious business, and at times the drivers attention is on other important matters instead of who is headed in the opposite direction on the other side of a divided Interstate.

Although, last year, on the way back from Indiana, I noticed a Montana trailing us down the highway for miles and miles. After about a half hour of this, I slowed down a bit and let him overtake me. So, as they go by, I am smiling and waving like some kind of idiot (me being a brand new Montana owner). There was not even a glance in my direction, not even by the passenger. I can understand the driver not looking over, he's taking care of business, but the passenger?! They go on by, ....New York plates. Oh, well!

Before anybody jumps me for over-speeding my tires, I would like to point out that at the Fall Rally, the Goodyear rep told us that it was acceptable to cold inflate the Marathons to 90 PSI to increase the tires speed rating from 65 MPH to 75 MPH. This, with the express caveat that you must be absolutely certain that each tire is within the load limit stated on the sidewall.

Here is a link to Goodyear's document that endorses this practice. The pertinent info is stated in the second bullet. >>Click Here
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote