Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Who is that Montana following us?

and why aren't we going fast enough for them? It all started when we missed Q this year due to illness. But we made the Tucson rally and had a great time meeting old and new friends. And then HamRad mentioned that Steve and Vicki Reigle were staying in Camp Verde, which is on the way to our next stop in Flagstaff. Since we missed them in Q, we knew what our next stop would be.
We had a wonderful, but short, visit with them. Got caught up on their travels and were impressed with their new 3400 and Dodge tv. What a beautiful rig.
On to Flagstaff, where we saw the Wuptaki ruins and Sunset volcano one day and headed for the Grand Canyon the next day. As usual, we kept our eyes out for passing Montanas.
As a Montana came towards us from the north, another was gaining on us from the south. I flashed my lights, but who recognizes a big red truck with no Montana behind it (especially when they can't see it until they're right next to it, anyway)? Sharon checked to see if the Montana behind us flashed their lights. It was far enough behind us that I could tell it was a newer model by the graphics, but that was about all. Standard white tv pulling newer Montana.
Suddenly, Sharon's phone rang, and the caller began by saying, "Can't you go any faster?" Turns out it was Steve and Vicki behind us on their way to their next stop.
So we got to visit again, even if only by phone. We marveled at the circumstances that brought us together again. Isn't the world made of wonderful coincidences, sometimes?

Bob

firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob,

I marvel at the coincidences! It is a small world. I think one of the things that keeps such a high interest level for me is the fantastic possible "chance" meetings. RVing is a great lifestyle.

So in addition to seeing our great country we also get to meet some of the greatest people in the world.

See you on down the road.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
Bob,
Definantly one of the disadvantages of towing with a HDT is no one knows we are towing a Monty until they have already passed by. I get lot of strange looks from Monty owners wondering "why is that guy flashing his lights at me"!! It's all good though !!
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Bob,

I marvel at the coincidences! It is a small world. I think one of the things that keeps such a high interest level for me is the fantastic possible "chance" meetings. RVing is a great lifestyle.

So in addition to seeing our great country we also get to meet some of the greatest people in the world.

See you on down the road.

Dennis
Dennis for coincidences:

Bob and Sharon pulled into the RV Park we were staying at in Flagstaff and the RV Park we pulled into in Monument Valley is the one that Steve and Vicki are staying in.

Steve tells me that Robbie and Alice are headed to Goosenecks just up the road.

There must be more MOCers out on the road than I thought.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
A few days after the Tucson Rally (we stayed until 4/15 to visit with our son), we pulled into the Hacienda RV Resort in Las Cruces, NM and found ourselves right across from LesnJulie (Fullerton) who had spent some time in Silver City, NM.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
We had met BirdingRVers in Buellton last year, which in a senior moment I had forgotten, and had just missed them in Q this year.

It's wonderful when you have a large enough family that you can cross paths regularly.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yes, it's a small world. We enjoyed our visits in Camp Verde with Bob and Sharon, and with Dennis and Mary Kay (HamRad), and with Mike and Evy (Chaser). Then the "encounter" with Bob and Sharon on the road. We were behind you for quite a bit, Bob, having just run out of passing lane as we reached passing distance! And then it dawned on us who was in front of us! And then we got to Monument Valley and discovered Grant and Kathy (Birdingrver). We had a very enjoyable visit with them. Then an email from Robbie and Alice (Robbie Simon) that they were headed to Goosenecks State Park. So, Grant, Kathy, Vicki and I spent a very enjoyable afternoon with them enjoying the view they had. Wow. And these campsites are free! No hookups but if anybody can get along without hookups and still have all the advantages except a dump station, it's Robbie and Alice. Here's the view from their campsite.

These were taken a couple hundred yards from their campsite but their view is similar.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote