Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Rest Area and Pit Stop in the new floorplan

Had to give it a try and can only say that we are pleased beyond measure with this floorplan (3850). Stopped in Virginia at the foot of Fancy Gap hill on I-77 for lunch just to try out the new floor plan. Able to use the bathroom with ease through the back door which opens directly into the hall with the bathroom door. Then on to the other door to prepare lunch. Easy access to the fridge and open access to the kitchen table for seating as well. DW wanted bacon on her sandwich, so quickly fired up the Onan for a couple of minutes for microwave bacon, and we (primarily she) is happy. Love the floorplan, even though we could access the same areas in the 3750, other than having to use the back door on this one, the ease of fridge access and the dining table is definitely better.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Fantastic. Glad that it worked out so well. Hate that you passed by so close to us and we didn't get a chance to meet up. Maybe next time that you are down this way. Safe travels. Beautiful unit and love the kitchen mod.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Sounds great! I love my 3750, but I think the 3850 is trying to take over
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad it works so well for you. We have good access to the bathroom and so so access to the frig, but no access to the bedroom without putting out the slide. If and when we trade those are all things on our list.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
We bought the 3750 for that reason. Ok I need one "real honest input" on your floor plan! Does "pocket door" allow much noise transmission from bath into bedroom ! That is my big issue! I like the full wall seperation in the 3750. With head outside in bedroom slide, I don't even hear the shower! Please comment?
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

The major selling points our trailer was the sizes of the basement and the access to the toilet and refrigerator.

We were going to have to pull a trailer with a class A to carry a car and my wife’s model trains.

We only carried the heaver one 1 time when we sold it and then not far.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

We bought the 3750 for that reason. Ok I need one "real honest input" on your floor plan! Does "pocket door" allow much noise transmission from bath into bedroom ! That is my big issue! I like the full wall seperation in the 3750. With head outside in bedroom slide, I don't even hear the shower! Please comment?
Yes, there is noise transmission, but not near as much as I anticipated. The wall is actually between the bed and the shower so the door is not as much a factor. I can report that Cathy was using her hair dryer in the bathroom and it did not affect me. One of the original dealer mods that I decided against was changing that sliding door (for clarification, I refer to a pocket door as one that slides into the wall, this one is actually exposed on the bedroom side) to a regular door. If the sliding door becomes a problem to us, I may still pursue that,but will have to do some investigating, since I believe that is a thinner wall. The reason we decided against it was I was not sure how the dealer would address the wall repairs when the slide track framing was removed.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote