Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
scuba dude
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10841
Water leak from refrigerator

I have water showing up where the floor meets the wall in the slide that the stove and refrigerator is in. I have a big sky 340RLQ same floor plan as the 3400. It is raining outside but I have checked for leaks and dont think I have a leak. I think the water is coming from the fridge. Has anyone had a problem leaking water in the wall from the fridge. The water seems to be coming from in the wall behind the stove. I pulled the drawer from under the stove to see the water in the wall where the floor meets the wall. HELP

scuba dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Richard- Go to the Search engine at the top of the page and type in refrigerator leak. I think you'll find several causes that have been discussed here on the forum. It could be a leak in the gaskets of the slide, it could be a vent tube leak or it could be several other causes. I'm also sending you a email! Hope this helps!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
scuba dude
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10841
I failed to say that I have slide covers and the top of the slide is totally dry no water gettin in that way. I resealed the hood vent also
Old 04-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We had that problem several times. Every single time we found the vertical seal on the slide was not fully turned when the slide was extended. Now when the slides are extended I check all vertical seals. Any that are not fully turned I run the awning rod underneath to finish turning it. No further problems with water coming in. I use the rounded corner of the "L" of the awning rod to slide under the seal to push it out. Works well and doesn't hurt the seal.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you have the Norcold double wide refrigerator, we had a leak related to the drain line getting plugged. Open the outside access. There is a hose from the inside that empties into a small evaporation tray. In the end of the tube there is a plastic piece that can plug up. That causes the catch tray at the very back of the frig under the cooling fins to fill and freeze. Then it overruns and drains into the bottom and out the door of the unit.

The fix was to empty the catch tray and remove the plastic tip from the tube. To get to the catch tray, you have to remove the shelving. Screws hold them in. Before you tear it apart, feel to see if there is ice in the tray.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
scuba dude
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10841
All the seals are out like they should b and I checked the drain tube this morning,it is ok. It stops raining and water stops coming in,is there a way it can get in through the fridge vents on the slide? It is dry inside the two vents when I pull the covers off.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
A lot of members have had a leak in this area
Leak
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 AM   #8
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
We used the "fix" for our leak and no more leak.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Richard,

Our experience with our 2008 3400 ultimately required repair. There was an unsealed void from top vent to bottom. When it rained water would enter top vent area and travel downward to the storage area at floor next to the fridge. The voids were sealed and no leaks since. If your top vent inside area has voids downward that could be an issue for you as well. Good Luck.

mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote