Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
Keystone and Camping World

I would like to advise everyone that if you ever need any warranty work done on your Montana when you are in the Mesa Arizona area take it to RV Traders on Main st in Mesa. We took ours to Camping World on Main st in Mesa and will NEVER take anything there again. My husband had to do most of the work just to get our microwave replaced. After one and half months we got our replacement only to find out that it is way too big. Our 2008 has a hole in the cupboard where the microwave/convection oven goes. Well Keystone sent us a replacement that is for the 2010 models. It fits under the cabinet, no way it would fit in our 5th wheel without a lot of remodeling. Luckily RV Traders has a Apollo that will fit in the hole. It is so much better going to a dealer that sells Montana's then Camping World. Camping World dropped the ball and my husband had to keep calling Keystone to get anything done.

cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
ChuckandKathy
Established Member

M.O.C. #8377
Chuck and I bought our 2008 Big Sky from RV Traders and they were great to deal with. We took our rig back in for warranty work and everything was completed and even a couple of items that we did not have on our list! There service people are great!
ChuckandKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We also had a experiece with RV traders while wintering in Apache Junction, Az .Will agree that they are excellent to work with
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
Yes we agree, RV Traders are the best. The owner(of the parts dept) is the one that is working the deal for us to get the Apollo microwave. They are very nice and easy to work with.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Larry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8173
What am I missing here? Why is CW at fault because Keystone sent them the wrong size microwave?
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #6
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Just reading the post it sounds like the problem that cmawendy is really ticked off about is not being sent a microwave that wouldn't fit; but rather by the lack of service received by CW. Keystone probably sent the model of microwave that was ordered by CW. If this was the case, then Keystone wasn't at fault, and cmawendy wasn't at fault, so who does that leave? So, it really just sounds like a case of bad service by CW, especially if cmawendy had to do a lot of the work himself while CW had the unit.

This reply is just IMHO after rereading the original post.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #7
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
Yes that is exactly right, we got very POOR service from Camping World as we had to do 99% of the calls to Keystone. Camping World did nothing. Also Keystone customer service gave very POOR service also as this took 1 1/2 months for them to even figure out that they had a replacement. At first we were told no we don't have one have camping world go buy one with 119.00.....not hardly for a microwave/convection oven. Then they gave camping world another part number....it was for a headboard. Then finally after 1 1/2 months we get a "replacement." Only to find out it does not fit into a 2008 it is for the 2010 models. So needless to say we got poor service from both of them and RV Traders stepped in and it was done in 1 day.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
I have had poor service from Camping World in Charleston, SC also. They don't follow up on the work to be done. WE had to calls repeated work requested completed.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:24 AM   #9
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
Having bought my Monte from CW and have warranty work done there I believe They gave me a very fair price on the purchase, but when it came to prep and warranty service they are terrible. Without know all the facts I understand whey people blame CW. and its a down right shame.
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote