Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
WanderBC
Established Member

M.O.C. #10885
How do I? Solar, inverter in my new to me Montana

I am new here and to Montana, but not new to 5th wheels, this is the third one and I have moved the Solar panels, six 6 volt batteries, inverter, heart interface and solar charge controller that came on the first 5th to the second and now I'm researching how or the best way to do this on the 2007 2955RL.

I have three solar panels 120, 100 & 80 watts, a Soltek 20 amp solar charge controller, a Freedom 458 2000 watt inverter. In the last 5th wheel (a Frontier W243) I installed a sub panel.

I have read that the Iota distribution pane can be used as both a panel and sub panel, has anyone done this, how did you do it, do you have pictures? You can see my last install at www.wanderbc.wordpress.com, yes we spend most of our time boondocking or around here in the bush.

Thanks, and this site is great!

martin

PS, it's really winter around here and the 2955 will be sitting in the corner of the dealers lot for a while yet, all I can do is visit.
WanderBC is offline   Reply With Quote