Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #1
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Watts RO Filter

I've installed an RO filter made by Watts. It is called Watts Premier model RO-Pure. It has four filter cartridges and a 3 gallon holding tank. The filter can make 50 gallons of water per day and requires no electricity. It has a nifty little high neck dispenser spigot that I mounted on my counter top right next to the sink. I have the peninsula style kitchen with a vacuum cleaner installed at the corner of the peninsula. The whole works fit inside the corner.

I got this unit at the Madison Wisconsin Costco for $169. Love the unit. It makes great water. My dogs were getting bad belly, seemingly with each new campground and that's over, yeahhh. Even bacteria can't get through this thing.

One caution if you're interested in getting one is that it uses a lot of water. It takes 4 to 5 gallons of fresh water to make each gallon of filtered water. I didn't know that going in. Now of course, after I bought it, I've done my homework and found that this is the nature of the beast. It has to pass this much water past the RO filter to get clean water out.

It can fill my galley tank in one day. Yikes! Have to remember to leave the dump valve on it open or flooding the kitchen is a real possibility.

I was out on the beach this morning taking in the sunrise when I got a call from the DW letting me know the sink was full to the top.

Don't have the open valve thing down yet in my setup routine.
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote