Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Those with decal issues Removal videos

I know some of you have had decal issues due to age or sun fading.
I don't have any issues but I was researching products and ran across this mans videos.
He is a professional detailer and produces good videos.
This is an 8 part series he has posted about rv decal removal on a Montana no less.

I've watched a few of his videos. I still haven't found the one I am looking for from an amazon.com product review yet. However, I wanted to post this here before I got lost in internet land and forgot to post.

Be sure to watch all the 8 videos if this applies to you.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:44 AM   #2
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Great videos--enjoyed watching most of them. Bottom line for me--hire a detail company. Shoulder problems from waxing my Monty have never healed after 10 years!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The heat gun works great for the bulk of the vinyl removal. For the fine strips and the old adhesive with built up dirt I used 91% isopropal alcohol with plastic double edge razor blades. It takes about 3 good soakings before the adhesive begins to turn to a gel which I just scraped off with the plastic blade scraper and whipped to the ground. I tried using paper towel and cloth towels but they tend to lint up the work area..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
WD-40 also works well when removing any remaining adhesives.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Be careful withe heat gun, if you get the glass too hot it will start to check and crack. It also starts to bulge out. I watched two idiots doing Oz's rig out in Arizona and was apalled at the mess they made..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote