Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Electrical - Baffling 120v circuit problem

I always thought I was pretty good with electrical issues but this one has me baffled. While sitting at the table this weekend eating and watching the news on the TV all of a sudden the TV went dead along with some 120v lights we had on. After checking the breakers (which never tripped) I discovered that the outage affected outlets and lights at both ends of the rig. We have 5 circuit breakers in our 2955.

1. AC
2. GFI circuit
3. Microwave
4. Fridge and Converter (I think)
5. Water Heater (I think)

Circuits 1-3 all work fine but I have no power to the fridge, bedroom outlets, living room outlets, television outlets or the slide out. I suspect there are two circuits involved and it appears to me that they are distributed from the fridge outlet. One for the front of the rig and one for the back. Why would I have power at the circuit breaker and not have power at the fridge outlet? The circuit breakers never tripped and they appear to be supplying outbound power. Unless there is a hidden GFI somewhere I am at a loss.

One thing that you should know is that I had the Dometic recall performed that morning. The circuits all worked fine for half the day after that before they went out. The fridge worked fine on gas. All 12v circuites are working fine.

Do any of you electricians out there have any tips on how to troubleshoot this? I have a call into my dealer to see if anything they did on the recall might have caused this.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote