Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Vacuum Attachments Storage

For those of you who have built in vacuum, where did you store all of the attachments? I have everything except wane in a plastic tub. Long ago I remember buying a clamp you screwed on the wall that held attachemtns but with the new vacuums everything has a place and I can't find a clamp large enough.

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
My attachments are still in the net bag they came with. I have yet to have "quality Sue time" where I can mentally/physically arrange things to my standards.

If you come up with a nifty idea, please share.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We have the 3295RK which is a different floorplan than your unit. All my attachments fit nicely in the bottom of the coat closet just inside the entry door. My hook-up is right beside this closet next to the stairs going to the bedroom.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Thanks Joyce. On the 3400 this is where the washer and dryer will go. That is where I have them now but need to move as we will have the washer/dryer in the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #5
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
All ours is still in the bag and we keep it in the hamper door that go's thru to the storage under the closet.. also is there anyone that knows how or where to get a beatter head for the vac or if you can put one on.. it sure would clean better..
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I keep mine in the net bag that it came in. I usually have them in the washer/dryer closet. If that closet becomes full from having guests and what not I put it under the kitchen island in the cabinet to the right of the vac. Seems to fit well in either place. Another place I just thought of is the laundry hamper basket under the stairs. I cant get to my coach as it is in storage but it might just fit in that basket if you not using it to store something else.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:31 AM   #7
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob & Lee
also is there anyone that knows how or where to get a beatter head for the vac or if you can put one on.. it sure would clean better..
Bob & Lee,
I would check from something obstructing the hose or clean the bag. Mine works great. The attachment for the floor has two adjustments, one for vinyl floor and for the carpet. I find if you use it with the brushes down it gets stuck on the carpet, so I never use that position.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:07 PM   #8
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Sue and Ed,

We added our Central Vacuum just this past summer. I store the hose and everything else in one of the bottom drawers of the dresser. Everything fits well and since ours is a bit older we have 6 drawers. It makes for a very handy location as they are easy to get to.

I found an area to store things in that I didn't know was there about a month or so ago. It's under the sofa. All you have to do is remove the cushions and pull up on the spring assembly by the top. I stuff blankets in there for two reasons, a place to store them and hoping for some extra insulation properties with these cold temps here. I would think that your hose and attachments would fit there perfectly.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Thanks Patty
Since we or rather I are living in our Monty almost full time and I'm still working, our dresser drawers are FULL. I'll have to try the under the sofa. In our other unit we had the J type and it had storage but since this is free standing I hadn't thought about the room there. I have to be careful how much weight I lift so not sure it will work. I'll try this weekend. I'd still like to clamp it up in the washer/dryer closet if I could find some way to hang it.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:07 PM   #10
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hello Sue,

I have found something on line that may work? Maybe you could mount it on the wall or door?

Link for possible vacuum wand holder?

I know it's not meant for that purpose but it might work???

The top of the sofa bed is not hard to lift up. It's just a quick pull and up it comes.

Patty
Old 01-28-2005, 06:17 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Hey Patty that may be a bit expensive but you put on to looking into another area. Flashlight holder - about the right size. I've been looking at tool holders. Aw - off to Home Depot.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:34 PM   #12
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Maybe this one...

Maglite D cell holder

Patty
Old 01-29-2005, 05:55 AM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Patty,
That is exactly what I'm looking for and I could use one for a flashlight (our Montana one doesn't work and didn't think it was important enough to take the unit to the dealer just for it). Thanks for searching for me.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:11 PM   #14
nutts
Established Member

M.O.C. #2189
i've used these before,

spring steal clips (spring clips open)

jim

http://www.springmasters.com/sp/spri...lay-boxes.html

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

For those of you who have built in vacuum, where did you store all of the attachments? I have everything except wane in a plastic tub. Long ago I remember buying a clamp you screwed on the wall that held attachemtns but with the new vacuums everything has a place and I can't find a clamp large enough.
nutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:16 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Jim,
These are exactly what I have been looking for. They have been around a long time. My Dad built a holder for all the vacuum tools about 20 years ago (this was before tools had a builtin place on the vacuum) and this is what he used for the wane and to hold the ends of the hose. Thanks.