Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
They Work Great!

About a month or so ago we went and picked up our LEDs that I had ordered from Michael(snfexpress). I installed them and had a coverter go bad soon after so we had a new one installed and we headed out to Old Mill Steam RV Park in Umatilla, FL. While there John Kohl asked me to see the new converter unit. While looking at it I mentioned to John the Wizard was not lighting up as it is suppose to. We called the factory and they told us we had a bad curcuit board. They sent a new one out and John installed it. John came over to see if everything was working right yet. I called the factory and they told me to turn on all of the 12 volt lights and all 12 volt accessories and see what it did. Still nothing! John suggested rotating the slides in and out several times to see if that made a difference. We did it while John was at the Monte and sure as heck, the Wizard light started flashing as it was suppose to. No problems since! Thanks for the help and the rerouting of the main wires coming into the circuit board for the converter, John!

We only have a 30 amp Monte so the installation of the LEDs was needed to conserve energy in the unit. The replacement of the 12 volt bulbs with the LEDs cut the amperage use enough that even the Wizard on the coverter wold not work properly until the battery was down enough for it to work...

Thanks for starting the thread on the LEDs Michael and I am one happy camper now that the amperage ussage is down on our unit and I can guarantee that I will be ordering more of the LEDs from you. I would recommend Michael to any of the MOC members who are looking to save power in their units. The LEDs are much more efficent and just as bright if not brighter than the original lighting installed in the units with less power usage. Keep up the good work Michael!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks Rondo, that's good to hear! The first ones we're going to replace are in Michael's current order so we're looking forward to their arrival.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Thanks for the great comments. We have noticed that our electric bill here in south Florida is all but non-existent with the addition of LED's in our 5er. What's more, we even added additional fixtures without taxing the existing wiring or circuits.

While we have put in our order, we can still modify it by February 26th if anyone is interested in getting some of these LED's.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
There are other places to acquire LED lights, BUT NONE for the price that Michael is offering them to us for. Thanks again Michael.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pineranch

There are other places to acquire LED lights, BUT NONE for the price that Michael is offering them to us for. Thanks again Michael.
Mike
And from what I have seen and experienced, these are much better quality and very consistent in the light they provide.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I have been putting them in my Monty also and love them I get the bright white light LED's.
Also Trailer Life Magazine March issue has a realy good article on retro fitting the old type incadesent lights with the LEDs.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Don,

Just wanted to make a clarification on the dolor of the LED's - they are about 3,000K which is in the warm white, and costlier, spectrum of light that most of us are used to. And, yes they are bright! Glad you like them.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote