Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2005, 01:42 AM   #1
Richard
Established Member

M.O.C. #2499
Installing inverter system into Montana 3400Rl

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's an online schematic and location guide for wiring a deep-cycle battery setup into the existing 120VAC/12vdc electrical panel on montana rv's?

I was a driveability tech in one of my past lives, so I'm not afraid to tackle electrical problems, but I am a firm believer in taking good advice, when available.

Just fyi, I did a search here and on the various rv.com forums and found good descriptions of the relay switching system that kicks in the inverter system when shore power is removed, but not too much *practical* advice for avoiding switching transients, whether to wire all or just some plugs, converter system adaptation, etc.

Hope someone here can point me to a source so that I don't have to re-invent that wheel again.

Thanks,

Richard
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote