Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2024, 08:31 AM   #1
tonyjustin

M.O.C. #30752
Couch and Dinette Upgrade

Good morning everyone. This is my first post on this forum and I apologize in advance if it has previously been covered. I searched for this specific topic and did not find anything so I hope I covered that base. Here's the deal. My 2010 Montana is getting some age on it but it is still in very good condition and while I don't want to trade up, I am doing some updating. Among the first things was to junk the OEM sleeper sofa. It was overly complex and time consuming as it had to be extended in a fairly clunky manner and the an air mattress aired up, which has now started to leak. For better or worse, I took it out and installed a residential sleeper sofa. The problem is the new sofa is nine inches wider than the old one, cramping the dining table and chairs. I temporarily solved the issue but removing the two chairs closest to the sofa but now my dinette seats two instead of four. My idea is to build a dinette booth but I just have 60 inches (at best) to work with. Has anyone else done this? Alternatively, does anyone know of a supplier who builds dinette booths that are 60 inches wide? According to my math, if the seats are no longer than 18 inches, I can have a 24 inch table and it will be reasonably comfortable. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for any input.

tonyjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 10:00 AM   #2
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
Probably be better off building it yourself. Trying to find one that will fit isn’t going to be easy. If you have the skills I would do it myself.
2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booth, dinette, sleeper sofa