Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Fill a running generator with fuel supply??

Yep! no problem mon..

I made this fuel transfer system.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue13/ExtendedRunGasTank?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIHu8b ytzrC0vQE&feat=directlink

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Looks good. I don't have the auxiliary tank, however, so I just have to let mine cool and then refill.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Is it pressurized like NASCAR?
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, you had me worried. You're filling the Aux fuel tank, NOT the gennies while they are running. I would imagine since the aux tank is some distance from the hot generators, this might be okay. Typically, the hazard with filling generators that are running is that spilled fuel may get onto a hot engine, or fumes from the gasoline might somehow ignite when near a hot generator.

While one should always be careful when refilling anything for fuel, filling an aux tank should be far safer than a hot generator's tank and it sure looks like you can do this while the generator is running.

I just completed changing out the fuel filters in my truck and no matter how much I tried, there's spillage and mess. At least I did get it done. I lost about a pint or two of fuel because I forgot to ultra clean the drain basin and the fuel got contaminated enough that I did not want to put it back into the fuel tank. BAH! The other spillage around the truck engine and frame were cleaned off prior starting the engine. As for whatever was on the ground, it just evaporated eventually. Messing with fuel keeps me cautious for sure.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
Hey Ozz, is that a proper license plate on the Monty?
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Flymutt, haven't you been keeping up on Ozz's license plate story when he traveled through Goodyear, AZ? For Ozz, that IS a valid plate on the rig. He would have the proper plate on the rear of the platform but you can barely see it. Look on the verticle post of the bike rack. The first letter of the plate looks like it's a "P" but I can't see the rest. If you peruse his slide show you'll find a rear view of the platform and the plate is more noticable if you know where to look.

If I had all that fanciness on my rig, I might have mounted the plate lower and have a light over it, because where I live in California that's the law. Ozz is from Kansas and travels to Arizona and they jes' maht do thangs a li'l differ'nt over thar and tourists in California are not required to follow California law for quantity and display of plates. You won't get ticketed for the lamp if you don't drive at night and the LEOs can't notice.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Flymutt, haven't you been keeping up on Ozz's license plate story when he traveled through Goodyear, AZ? For Ozz, that IS a valid plate on the rig. He would have the proper plate on the rear of the platform but you can barely see it. Look on the verticle post of the bike rack. The first letter of the plate looks like it's a "P" but I can't see the rest. If you peruse his slide show you'll find a rear view of the platform and the plate is more noticable if you know where to look.

If I had all that fanciness on my rig, I mighte mounted the plate lower and have a light over it, because where I live in California that's the law. Ozz is from Kansas and travels to Arizona and they jes' maht do thangs a li'l differ'nt overthar and tourists in California are not required to follow California law for quantity and display of plates. You won't get ticketed for the lamp if you don't drive at night and the LEOs can't notice.

Oh yea...I see it now. I just thought he had an RV vanity plate .
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
Ozz u r the Bomb!
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Ain't it amazing Flymutt. He's got legal plates front and back and Vanity plates too. I learned long ago that with Ozz it's about the details with Montanas. I've learned to pay close attention and I gave up ever trying to keep up, but it's fun learning how to strive to have the best of all worlds. THAT's why it's the Goodyear, AZ LEO who's gonna get schooled.

Now, I hope we can meet cuz I'm sure you can teach me a lot about the details of fishin'!