Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2008, 03:22 AM   #1
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
Wilderness RV Park Estate

We are searching for our first SnowBird winter home for 2009. In our search we came across the Wilderness RV Park Estate near Silver Spring central Florida.
We would appreciate any comments and/or recommendations on this RV park and general area.

http://wildernessrvparkestates.com/home.htm

Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Bill and Helen Moll (Adelmoll) bought a place there. They have been there all winter. We stopped by to see them on our way to Silver Springs. It is a very nice place. They have made many improvements. I'm sure if you get in touch with them, they can fill you in.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:50 AM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Jacques and Shirley,

Comment: Do you really trust a park with an oxymoronic name? Think about it, what do Wilderness, RV Park and Estate have in common besides nothing?...or are they just luring words to entice?

IMHO> Looking at their website, it looks just like every other RV park anywhere. Looks and sounds like a timeshare. Beware, with the way real estate is moving and diesel prices are going up, you might be buying yourself a nice white elephant in the wilderness.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
You don't have to buy into anything. They are selling lots, but you can just rent a site. It is only $300 for the monthly rate. Pretty nice park for the price, I'd say and the close proximity to Silver Springs make it even more attractive.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Four years ago we pulled into a park in Fort Myers Beach for a few days. We were next to a nice couple from Michigan. She was most upset because she wanted to be doing what we were doing-traveling. She hated the park and felt trapped. They had just retired and had chosen the park on the internet and hated it. My guess is they went back to Michigan, sold the rig and never camped again.

My point is, you need to get out a bit and see what is out there. Different parks have different "personalities" What one person (or couple) likes may not do it for others. Travel around a bit and maybe you will find a good fit quickly. Maybe not too, but at least you will have not made a very expensive mistake. Florida is nice for some, Arizona for others and still others like the RGV. There are certainly many other choices as well.

There are thousands of parks in Trailer Life which as a Good Sam member you can buy for $12.95. ($25.00 if you aren't). There are thousands in Woodalls as well. Some may be the same but not all are. We travel with Trailer Life, Passport America and KOA. (We seldom use the KOA directory.

Don't feel you have to pick a choice now, get out and about and see what there is out there

CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:25 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We bought our lot in Wilderness Park Estates in Dec 2006 and just love it.** At that time there were only about 10 lots sold and we have watched it develop.** We were able to get in at pre construction prices and today our lot (40x90) is worth much more..** The area is a great place to stop and have a breather after traveling 70,000 miles in the first 2 1/2 yrs of full timing...* The Wilderness name is because we are on the border of the Ocala Forest along the beautiful Ocklawaha River that is full of some of the best fish in the area..** We are with-in an hour's drive of either coast and about 80 miles from the very busy Orlando area..** We have the best of everything without the fear of hurricanes when we leave the area..* We have a deed for our "Estate" just like we did for our stick home only our three car garage is now a 8x12 shed that we will store our golf car in when we leave for our travels to Newfoundland this year.We own our space and can rent it out if we want when we are not here.** We have several friends that have bought lots in Arizona and Texas and we plan on exchanging places with them for a few months in the winter when we feel like going somewhere else.

Until all of the lots are sold, they will continue to rent to the general public at a very reasonable price and after that there will be several for rent from the private owners..* Many people have bought multiple lots just for that purpose and as a good investment.

We are just a short distance from Silver Springs and Ocala with Walmart, Lowes, Publix, Albertsons, Winn Dixie, and several malls just across the river. Great hospitals and medical centers are close by but I can also walk out of our Tana and watch the alligators sunning themselves, Osprey building a nest, bobcats, deer and bear are in the forest near-by and a pontoon sits in the river just waiting for us to have another group rent it for the day and ride down the Ocklawaha to the beautiful Silver Springs river.

I am very offended by the remarks that Simonsrf made about our "white elephant timeshare."

AMPS, please feel free to e-mail us privately and we will answer any questions that you might have.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:46 AM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Helen,

Please accept my apology. I have seen so many people buy into these timeshare type deals and later find they are disenchanted by the park, the management and the area. It all looks good in the beginning, but later turns out to be not so nice. Obviously, you are happy with your investment, and if it is as you say, it is a good investment for you.

Helen, my comments were intended to warn others that there are sharks out there every day with these great deals that are not great deals for the inexperienced.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:08 AM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Robbie, I would be very surprised if anyone would invest between $35,000 to $95,000 in a park that they haven't first checked out carefully. What does surprise me is that you made these comments after someone else had already posted that a fellow Moc'er bought a lot there.. It was really an insult.

Thank you for your apology.. Tomorrow I will accept it but for today, let me be hurt.

If you want to see some of the beauty here, check my blog for my Jan 10th posting titled Crusing down the River and later in February where we had a little MOC rally at our place.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #9
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
It is acceptable to have differing opinions on the various issues that come up here on the Forum. As long as one does not attack individuals or use inflammatory language feel free to post your experiences and or opinions on any and all issues that may present themselves.

It is difficult to express ideas and concepts and feelings using only the written word. There is no "body" language to assist the poster. So a bit of latitude must be given if one is not to be offended by EVERY post that is made!

Relax and enjoy and do not be put off by someone simply because your experience is different. We should all revel in the tremendous span of experiences that all our members bring to the Forum.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
Thank you all for you comments.
I should have been clearer on my request as we do not inted nor are we looking at buying.
This will be our first snowbird winter travel and we do plan to eventually visit all of southern USA such as the RGV. From winter to winter we do not know where we will end up.
Base on your experiences is it better to stay at one location for three months or move every month or so.
Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
AMPS, This is my first year of fulltiming (or RV'ing for that matter). The subject of wintering over is a topic of discussion between me and my wife. This year we have travelled, what I call, the I10 corridor from San Diego to Phoenix, to Q-Site, to Las Vegas to Tucson, I know a little backtracking. We are presently in one of the premier resorts in the southwest, Voyager RV Resort. It is nice, a little too expensive for our tastes, but it serves the purpose of decompressing from all the driving, which I feel, is a must. This park has everything you need, in fact, you don't even have to leave.

I share simonsrf's concerns about not knowing what you will find when you get there. Hindsight being 20-20, we wish now we had stayed somewhere else for a while before arriving at Voyager for the Spring Rally. Having said all this, I have heard it is difficult to lock in winter rates in Florida too late in the season, mind you, this has been heresay. Perhaps a winter snowbird will come along and enlighten us all about finding a place in Florida for the winter.

Some folks love to winter over, as I call it, and that works for them. As a new RVer I guess I still enjoy the travelling part and seeing new places, as long as I don't have to stay in the "white stuff".

Anyway, this is just my perspective of fulltiming and offered only as my opinion.

Enjoy your rig and happy travels......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote