Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
"Bathroom Door Adjustment"

I was out in the Monty today and started thinking about a problem, although minor in nature; it’s still a nuisance to say the least. The bath room door when closed doesn’t seal very good. It has a gap at the side where it’s almost a half inch near the top. It looks to me like there should be a way to make an adjustment on this to have a better fit. Here is a photo or two that might help show what I have.
Does any one know how to adjust this?
Is it adjustable?

On Edit: This is actually the door at the top of the stairs going into the bathroom area. Since some of our partitions have been removed it’s now the privacy door to the bath room.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
The second photo shows the part that attaches to the roller track. I believe it's height can be adjusted there and square up the door.
I hope this helps.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

The second photo shows the part that attaches to the roller track. I believe it's height can be adjusted there and square up the door.
I hope this helps.
That’s what I'm thinking but how do you adjust it?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
On mine I would pull the face board on the living room side. That will allow access to the adjustments.
Actually call Team Montana and ask them how it is adjusted.
Good luck and let us know how it works.

Since it is threaded you should be able to adjust with a wrench or screw driver once you gain access.

Actually I would pull one of the face boards. Which ever one seems looser.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
OK, the fix was easier than taking the photos and posting them! I was looking at the face plate as John had suggested and it appeared somewhat loose. I carefully pried it with a small pry bar and it came straight out from the front side. It was held only with a few small finishing nails. It should go back without any problems. Once that was off it exposed a small bolt that I could easily adjust.