Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Americas-Mailbox

I have found another MAil Fwd Svc at www.americas-mailbox.com it is in rapid city SD and from reading it appears to be pretty good. I am going to check it out better and Ill post more

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:06 AM   #2
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I think we are goint to Rapid City Sd to use Americas-Mailbox, they charge $99 a year weekly mail + postage and they send all the mail if you want them to sort the junk mail its $139. if you want them to Reg you vehicles they charg $25. I have looked at the other services at my home address in emery they charge if you $20 per vehicle if you or they do the leg work.. made no cents to me and when I asked them about it two weeks ago I still havent got a answer..So I also looked at alternative resourses and they charge a higher rate and a wheel tax in that county. I hope this is a good company I havnt heard about it from anyone I searched the internet and found it..So we are going to give it a try and it is closer to colorado for us.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:35 AM   #3
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Hmm, haven't heard of that one... let us all know how it goes.. Kevin and I just went with Alternative Res. it was pretty simple considering the dealer who had our monty was only 40 miles away in Mitchell. I also saw an add in Workamper today for ANOTHER mail forward service that was looking for people to sell them on the road... it was also in SD, vut can't remember which town..

Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:13 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What is a wheel tax? We're registered in Minnehaha County (where Alternative Resources is) and don't pay any such tax unless it's buried in the registration fee somewhere. As for registering vehicles, it was a simple matter to register the first time while we were in Sioux Falls. We've traded trucks twice since then and registered both new ones by mail and phone call. We renew registrations by mail (can also do it online if you want).

The Rapid City service sounds like a decent deal, though. Do you have a web address for them? I'm always interested in seeing what's available. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
A wheel tax is something that some of the city fathers decide to charge you--supposed to help pay for the streets you drive on. In Omaha for cars it is something like $28 $7 x 4 wheels) and $52 for pickups--they both have the same number of wheels but I guess they think pickups drive more miles or are heavier??
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:34 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Jan. I recently paid our registration renewal and don't recall any kind of wheel tax so apparently Sioux Falls doesn't have one.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:13 AM   #7
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Alternative Resources the County it is in charges $4. per wheel Max $16. in emery where My home address is there is no wheel tax but they wanted me to pay them $20. per vehicle if I Reg. them or they do? now in rapid city at americas-mailbox there is no wheel tax and they only charge you if they do the leg work. Im sending my paperwork to rapid city and going up later to get my drivers licence and Reg my vehicles. Let you know later how it go's things always look good on paper in draft.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:45 AM   #8
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Well,we finally made it to Rapid City SD and took care of our mail, with Americas-mailbox it was a great trip, weather was great and the people there were very helpful. Left Thursday night and took care of business Friday morning it took about..1.5 hrs so then we toured Mt Rushmore and crazy horse had a great time not to many people there it is a summer town. got back to Colorado Springs and called to change our address on our RV insurance and..they re-wrote the policy and our full time rate went from 741 to 559 just due to the address and still saved on our tax and license haven't got the car insurance changed yet.the mail company in rapid city was closed when we got there but they had been very helpful with how to do everything. and as far as I can see Pennington Co is cheaper. well so far so good I haven't got any mail yet so that service in unknown at this time.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:42 PM   #9
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
I just checked my Alternative Resource paperwork as I am just about to send it in and yes there is a wheel tax. But for me Sioux Falls is closer for me as I have kids in MN so I will wait till I am finished with everything and maybe next year change. For now I am using them just for my registration paperwork and vehicle related things. All regular mail is still coming to a UPS store near me, since I am "worktiming".
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
USPS has a new forwarding service. I didn't spend too much time investigating this, but on the surface, it doesn't look like something for RVers... more for someone who has a 2nd permanent seasonal house, as far as I can tell. If someone else discovers otherwise, please post.

http://www.usps.com/receive/premiumf...miumforwarding
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote