Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Rate a Seller

We are about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Montana 3791rd. Has anyone ever had dealings at Tiara RV Sales and Service? They are in Elkhart, In.

masterdrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
I've never done business with them but they seem to be ok people. They feed all attendees a nice lunch at their dealership during the National Fall Rally. I think several members do business with them and some should be along to help you.

BTW we just yesterday purchased a 2018 3791RD from Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA. This is our third one to buy from them and they are great. Will treat you everyday but wrong! We pick ours up on Tuesday 30th.

If you can't buy from Tiara come on down to Northgate RV. They have 1 more on the lot just like ours.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Thanks WeBeFulltime. Good luck on the new 3791. My baby loves that floorplan.

This will be my very first 5r. Have been looking since January, one big Houston RV show last February. Looked at and priced a ton of them. Could not sell wifey on a DRV. We will drive around the corner to MORryde to have IS and disc brakes installed as an upgrade. This will save me at least $20k over the DRV.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
We are about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Montana 3791rd. Has anyone ever had dealings at Tiara RV Sales and Service? They are in Elkhart, In.
Another good choice in that same area is Lakeshore RV in Muskegon Mi. It's only about 150 north of Tiara. They have rv hookup pads where you can spend a day or two checking things out before you leave the dealership.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:10 AM   #5
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
...and 150 miles south is Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle, IN.

Don't know about now, but I got my '09 from them at 37% off list price on a factory built-to-order unit with everything that I wanted and without things that I did not want. I added walk-in shower instead of the tub version, dual pane windows, darker carpet, king bed, additional Fantastic Fan (in the bedroom), and gloss gel-coat. Had them delete the fireplace, generator prep, and the crummy OEM vacuum cleaner.

They were great to work with. No haggling, no drama, just a great price quote right off the bat.

My local dealership would absolutely not budge from list price for the same model that was on their lot for almost a year, ...and they went out of business six months later.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #6
Jersey Devil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20374
That’s good for the consumer that dealer went out of business.
Jersey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:22 AM   #7
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
Lakeshore has great prices but you will need to find a dealership that will service your unit as their service department leaves much to be desired. That is the last place I would ever take mine for any warranty or other work.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #8
LDMoore06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13418
In 2013 we bought our new 3150RL from Tiara. We drove from Tn to buy it and saved 35k. They were great to deal with and insisted we stay in their lot overnight and check everything and have them a list of any findings the next day. Minor issues were found and everything corrected. We have found that dealers in our area have refused to look at warranty issues if it wasn’t purchased from them. Oh well, we are still ahead. Good luck.
LDMoore06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmthelen View Post
Lakeshore has great prices but you will need to find a dealership that will service your unit as their service department leaves much to be desired. That is the last place I would ever take mine for any warranty or other work.
I've read the same comments about Tiara service. They both seem to have great sales staff but service sucks. For those that buy long distance service at these dealerships won't matter anyway. Another reason to stay onsite for two or three days before hitting the road to check everything out as best you can.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM   #10
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I drive under a low bridge and damaged to front AC and satellite dish. Got to their dealeship on Monday they took my rig in the next day at 7:30AM and was out at 4:30PM with a new AC and traveler dish. Cost was $3,700 hundreds less than expected. If I was in the market for a new rig I would most definitely buy from them. Oh and, no I did not buy the reg from them. GREAT SERVICE.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #11
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
As for Lakeshore I bought my last two rigs from them. I got the 2010 in late September and the service was great as they were in their slow time of the year. The 2015 I bought in July and the service was non existent. They were selling far to many units and the service department just could not keep up with all the work. But the price was great we drove from Arizona to get the 5er and still saved a ton of money. Our local Montana dealer (Sunshine RV) here in Lake Havasu City AZ had no problem doing warranty work.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #12
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Made the deal today. Will pick up in a couple of weeks and drive just a few miles to MORryde for suspension upgrade. I do not plan on having the Indiana rv dealers service ours. We live in Texas and we will most like get some sort of extended service agreement but have not researched that yet. So far Tiara has been great to work with.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #13
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
I drive under a low bridge and damaged to front AC and satellite dish. Got to their dealeship on Monday they took my rig in the next day at 7:30AM and was out at 4:30PM with a new AC and traveler dish. Cost was $3,700 hundreds less than expected. If I was in the market for a new rig I would most definitely buy from them. Oh and, no I did not buy the reg from them. GREAT SERVICE.
When you say "their dealership" for fixing your accident, which one are you referring to - Lakeshore or Tiara?
Old 10-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #14
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Quote:
Made the deal today. Will pick up in a couple of weeks and drive just a few miles to MORryde for suspension upgrade. I do not plan on having the Indiana rv dealers service ours. We live in Texas and we will most like get some sort of extended service agreement but have not researched that yet. So far Tiara has been great to work with.
We bought our '14 3150RL from them. Jim in sales is nice to deal with. Got a decent price. Service is a complete joke. First they never water tested it. Toilet would not hold water. Said they needed to order a toilet after having it for over a week to PDI. Had them install X factor braces. They never tried to grease the new wet bolts. Had to have new bolts installed with the grease holes pointing the correct way. Tried to tell me the level up wiring was "generator prep". Maybe it has changed, but a decent price is all we got from them.

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:53 PM   #15
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
On our PDI, I suspect it will be kinda hard to really "check" the a/c since the daytime highs will be too low when we arrive. I've read mostly crap about every service unit I've reached out to for pricing on our unit. I'm researching Coach-Net concerning an extended service agreement. So far, I'm seeing the best reviews there.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #16
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
On our PDI, I suspect it will be kinda hard to really "check" the a/c since the daytime highs will be too low when we arrive. I've read mostly crap about every service unit I've reached out to for pricing on our unit. I'm researching Coach-Net concerning an extended service agreement. So far, I'm seeing the best reviews there.
Maybe you can turn the heat up high and get the coach real toasty, then try the A/C on as low as it will allow to see how much cold it throws out. Might work.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #17
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Thanks. Had not thought of that. I have a good check list from somewhere here for the PDI so I don't forget stuff. What fun.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #18
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Wink Lakeshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by topjustice View Post
Another good choice in that same area is Lakeshore RV in Muskegon Mi. It's only about 150 north of Tiara. They have rv hookup pads where you can spend a day or two checking things out before you leave the dealership.
X2 on Lakeshore RV. We bought our 2013 from them and spent 2 nights there learning the functions on the 3400RL, our first fifth wheel. Took me a while to figure out what that bright blue light was when we looked outside after dark. The only issues we found were one drawer didn't latch well and one marker light out. Both issues promptly fixed. They didn't just change the bulb, they replaced the entire fixture. 30,000 miles later---no problems. Great customer service. Friendly folks.
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #19
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Ops sorry Tiara was the dealership that fixed the low bridge damage. Treat work and customer service.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #20
Beau2010
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18355
Pete's RV in Schererville, IN is a great dealer, or at least was when we bought in 2013. They also have stores in New England. They beat every other dealer on price that we looked at in nearly two years. Never used them for service so can't comment there.
Beau2010 is offline   Reply With Quote