Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2016, 06:53 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The front cap of our 06 3400 after @ 70K miles was a mess.The graphics had been beat off by bugs and there were many chips in the gel coat. I pass on the exposed front window unless they come up with a cover like our TT had. That cover took a lot of hits.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #22
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
If the front window is made of a material as chip and crack resistant as a car or truck windshield I would not have a concern about it. And that high up would be even less likely to catch a rock as a windshield.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:56 AM   #23
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I personally don't like the idea, but it's best for Keystone to ignore me since I don't like a lot of things and I know they've done okay with a lot of things they did that I didn't like . If they execute that floorplan successfully, they'll do well.

As for Rondo, I don't believe bugs commit suicide onto our front caps. Us humans murder them as we drive our behemoths as the bugs float around minding their own business. I remember cleaning off my truck windshield and realized I had killed two bugs that were "trying to make new bugs". I was a little sad I caught them at "that" moment, but didn't last for long since I figured it would just be that fewer bugs that I'd be running into.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #24
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

If the front window is made of a material as chip and crack resistant as a car or truck windshield I would not have a concern about it. And that high up would be even less likely to catch a rock as a windshield.
If you take it to Alaska you will have to get in line with all of the trucks and motorhomes at the campgrounds to have the rock chips fixed before you head out to the next town, If you don't the chip will spread and then you will have replace the whole windshield!!!
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:52 AM   #25
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455

As for Rondo, I don't believe bugs commit suicide onto our front caps. Us humans murder them as we drive our behemoths as the bugs float around minding their own business. I remember cleaning off my truck windshield and realized I had killed two bugs that were "trying to make new bugs". I was a little sad I caught them at "that" moment, but didn't last for long since I figured it would just be that fewer bugs that I'd be running into.
[/quote]

Frankly, croaking trying to procreate sounds like a pretty good way to go to me
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:02 AM   #26
CWSWine
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18254
Quote:

We are pickup ours 3711FL with front window tomorrow the 11th of Feb. It is the same type glass used in automotive windshields but looks to be a bit thicker so I'm not really worried about breaking. I have my bottle of RainX in hand ready to put on it and I think the biggest problem going to be bugs. I may regret it since I will be the one cleaning the bugs off at each stop.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:13 AM   #27
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CWSWine

Quote:

We are pickup ours 3711FL with front window tomorrow the 11th of Feb. It is the same type glass used in automotive windshields but looks to be a bit thicker so I'm not really worried about breaking. I have my bottle of RainX in hand ready to put on it and I think the biggest problem going to be bugs. I may regret it since I will be the one cleaning the bugs off at each stop.
I love the new window, wish ours had it. Bugs will be easier to remove from the glass than they are from the front cap.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #28
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We finally saw one today. Guess it's neat and different but not in our plans that's for sure.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:42 AM   #29
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
I really like the front window. I wish my 12' 3750 FL had it. Then again that's nothing a few beers and a sawzall can't fix in a week end ...
Personally if I was looking to upgrade I would get the front window. But being the first model year with the window I would wait a year or two to see the customer feed back after they been on the road a while. Usually the first model year is a test bed and improvement are made on later models to address any issues.

My concern, living in FL, I can see the heat transfer being an issue. Do to the size and number of slides on my 3750 FL most of the spots that I can fit in at the RV resorts and camp grounds in my area (50-100 mi. radius) do not have shade trees. My spots are usually out in the open and I have to keep all my shades down (and I'm going to eventually get outside shade covers made too) because of the heat transfer from the windows and aluminum frames.

Both my a/c's are running none stop during the day. My aft bed room is nice and cold (69-70) and cycles on and off because it's a such a small area for one a/c. But my living area a/c doesn't cycle and stays around 78-79. Unless the new front window is double pane thermal glass, like in a home, it would have to be covered during the day which defeats the purpose of having it.......That being said I would still buy one with it because I'm a guy, it looks cool and that's what we do (if your wife let's you) ....
Old 02-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #30
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
LOL... YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!] "That being said I would still buy one with it because I'm a guy, it looks cool and that's what we do (if your wife let's you) ....
[/quote]