Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
vibetech1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13291
Forgot to duck 3900FB "UPDATE"

Update...I just returned from dropping our rig off at CW. During the "I forgot to duck" trip I also compiled a list of items that needed attention while still under the manufactures warranty period. There were several small items but I thought im might share the big hitters with the forum. #1) the linoleum in the master bath began to bubble and is coming up mainly around the toilet and entry area. #2) The last time I closed the passenger side living room slide it really struggled and then popped & rocked as it came in. Not sure why but there is little to no extra weight in that slide area. #3) As I was cleaning the roof I noticed the main A/C for the living room had some type of oil based fluid leak from both sides onto the roof. I assume it's probably freon but im really concerned of the impact it may have on the rubber membrane. I asked the CW rep to please include my concerns on the work order and he did.

Finally while speaking with the service rep I asked if CW would be willing to raise the master bath entry door header 3 inches. He didn't see an issue with the mod and plans to have their cabinet/wood working guy take a look and give an estimate to do the job. Yes im sure it's something I could do on my own but their cabinet guy would probably make it look a little more factory/OEM. I'll update with the price.

vibetech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Steve- Are you going to leave the space above the door, after the mod, open or put a higher door in it? Inquiring minds want to know!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Good question. Space above and below the door would increase air flow and probably comfort in there. Thanks for the update, keep us informed.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
vibetech1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13291
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Steve- Are you going to leave the space above the door, after the mod, open or put a higher door in it? Inquiring minds want to know!
I'm planning on using the existing door for now but that could change. The current bottom clearance is minimized by the shag carpet in the bedroom so that will help in determining the best position.
vibetech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
cmanger319
Established Member

M.O.C. #13237
Our 3900 had the same linoleum issue at the entry to the bathroom on the Toliet side. Corrected under warranty.
cmanger319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

You can be thankful you’re not trying to manipulate in an Airstream. We’ve had three different ones and I managed to bang my head on the entrance door several times. I wasn’t a very good learner with that and I’m 5’9.5”

Hope the mod works well for you!