Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
skyviewman
Established Member

M.O.C. #6581
Initial walk through on 3400

On Saturday we did our initial walk through and only found a few items which have to be corrected. I was pleasantly surprised on the fit and finish of the unit. We have not done the official walk through as they are just starting to do the PDI today. I did talk to threm about some of the problems other owners have experienced and we will pay particular attention to these areas before we take possession, no matter how long it takes. I am particularly concerned about water leaks in the plumbing system as we went through a disaster on a motorhome which never did get fully resolved before we sold it. One question i do have for someone who has recently got there Monty with the LCD TV. I noticed that the TV is fastened to the bottom of the cabinet but there is nothing holding the top and when traveling I can see it vibrating especially on rough roads.
Has anybody else seen this or is something missing on our unit?

skyviewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
The TV security must be OK, as ours made it from Indiana to Tacoma Washington without a problem. Everything is still secure in the ompartment (no screws pulled out or anything like that). Having said that, our TV did have some scrapes on it and the sound was not good. I think one of the old world craftsmen must have either dropped it or was particularly negelectful. I called our dealer and a ne TV is in waiting for me to pick it up, no questions asked. Great service from Tacoma RV!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
It does wiggle some, but no problems so far.

To release the TV, reach in behind through the DVD drawer and you'll feel a wide metal spring tab. Lift to release and your TV will slide right out.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have the old large bulky Tv held by one screw througn the top and two up through the bottom. It took about 7000 miles of travel and wiggle for the top crew to break in two. The entire TV was maybe one or two wiggles from being all over the floor when we caught the problem. Beware...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
dscott
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6661
When your checking your tanks,look your undercarriage over for gaps and small holes,mice like them.Mine had big holes around the spring shackles,and many teck screws were missing.
dscott is offline   Reply With Quote