Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
Lippert to the rescue

Friday night, while checking the battery water, I lookup up and found standing transmission fluid in the pan under the hydraulic pump. Not good, as we’re leaving on Thursday for Bristol, TN for the NASCAR races. I have read of Lippert’s excellent customer service so I figured “no problem”. I sent Lippert an email about 8:30 Friday night, figuring I'd hear from Lippert on Monday morning. To my surprise, about 15 or 20 minutes after I hit the “send” button, I received a reply from Pamela asking for all the pertinent info from the Montana and saying that they would be able to send out a replacement. When I phoned Lippert on Monday morning to provide all requested info, they told me a replacement would go out today. It did cost me a bit to get it overnight, as their warranty only covers ground shipment. But hey, when you have to have it and you’re against a deadline, a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do!
The tech I spoke with did offer one suggestion, he told me to put something under the end of the reservoir to support the weight of the fluid to help prevent future leaks from the pump to reservoir seal.

WAY TO GO LIPPERT!!

DL N K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The tech I spoke with did offer one suggestion, he told me to put something under the end of the reservoir to support the weight of the fluid to help prevent future leaks from the pump to reservoir seal.".... What a good idea...We will do that now..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
My Tech did that a year ago. also made sure the pump mount was bolted down with four bolts instead of just the two that keystone used. (stops the torque flexing is what I was told) Now new leaks yet.
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
Thanks for the info. Will have a support tomorrow.
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote