Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2015, 05:29 AM   #21
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
2X what Artemus Gordom said

Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #22
catskiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9253
You can post this dealer at www.rvservicereviews.com whether good or bad
catskiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #23
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
I actually was talking to my agent when the dealer called me so they are aware of the situation. I have asked for a certified welder or structural engineer to sign off in writing that everything is ok to take care of any future questions when I get ready to sell or trade and ensure the safety of my family and others while towing. I have a good feeling about this since talking to the owner so we'll see where it goes from here. I ran the restoration division of a construction company for 7 years so fortunately I am familiar with dealing with insurance companies and adjusters as well as subrogation from the side of making sure they paid for us to do repairs correctly to return my customer's homes to the condition they were in before the incidents.
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #24
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
Just a brief update. Due to working shiftwork and a lot of overtime as well as snow on my few days off, I was finally able to get my camper to the independent shop to have the damage caused by the dealer repaired. I had forgotten about this shop from my days doing insurance restoration. The owner and I used to attend some meetings of insurance adjusters together and we had a good long talk about what they were going to do to take care of my problem. I'm confident in him and his shop and now just waiting on the completion so hopefully we can go camping in April.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #25
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
Sounds like you're nearing a good completion. You might want to check and see if your state allows for a diminution of value due to the extent of the damages.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 AM   #26
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

If this all turns out to the satisfaction of the OP then I would think this to be one of the few competent RV dealers in the nation.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:52 AM   #27
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phil P

Hi

If this all turns out to the satisfaction of the OP then I would think this to be one of the few competent RV dealers in the nation.

Phil P
I would not paint every dealer with the same brush but certainly classify the dealer that did the damage and then tried to cover it up as incompetent. Further to that as a result of members experiences we as a group have a growing list of dealers that should be labeled that way and Keystone needs to reverse this trend.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #28
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
I definitely don't feel that the dealer is incompetent. I have purchased 3 5ers from them and my dad bought a travel trailer and motorhome from their dad back in the 70's so we have a rather long history. They had a new service manager, very young, and he was the problem. I sent a lengthy email to the brothers and that is what got the ball rolling in rectifying the situation. I did find out that the service manager is no longer with the dealer. I gave the owners a chance based on past experience and thinking that maybe they were not fully aware of the situation which appears to be the case with the dismissal of the person responsible. Ironically the service manager works for the other RV dealer in our city which is just down the road from my dealer. I will more than likely buy our next 5er from them, however, I will use the repair shop that it is currently at for any damages that I have in the future. They actually do a lot of work for several rv dealers on things that they can't handle.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #29
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

Sorry to disagree but I haven’t found a Keystone dealer that is competent. I will grant all of you there has to be some some where that have a good and competent service department. After visiting dealers from California to Washington to Indiana and back to Florida I will try the roulette wheel in Vagas before I go to another Keystone dealer for service.

I will say it again “if Keystone really cared about the consumer they would not allow the dealer I purchased from to sell Keystone products until they get service personnel that can at least change a tire without damaging the trailer”.

The competence I have found is in the repair faculties / mobile repair services that DO NOT sell RV’s.

The RV sales companies view the service department as a negative cash flow part of their business a necessary part of the organization a necessary evil so to speak this results in the problems we see on this forum all the time.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #30
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
You sound like a way too nice person They screwed up and are trying to bull**** you big time. I would get a attorney and a third party RV repair shop to inspect, photograph and document all visible and hidden damage. They also took you on the landing leg. The entire landing leg including the gear head is less than $200,00. i have replaced both of mine. Contacting the insurance co. and having their adjusters look into it.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:09 AM   #31
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
From your first posting I did not expect you to get favorble results. It seems that you did though. I am glad for you. I love this forum but some people on here are so quick to badmouth Keystone. I don't think they are any worse than any other manufacturer. They have treated me well.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #32
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
Thanks. I have a very long term relationship with this dealer so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I have had excellent service in the past before the other service manager retired so I was hoping it was just the new, young guy. He had even told me that it was his fault and not to blame the dealer. I informed him that he was the dealer since he was their representative. I really think from his lack of experience, he tried to hide this from the owners and not knowing my relationship with the dealer, he probably didn't think I would notify them directly of my problem. Now,if we can just get it back soon to start camping.