Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Sour grapes....

Well, the Mountaineer has been in the shop for a month, doing repairs that should have taken two weeks at most. They had told me they had the slide cylinder on site last Friday, and I should be able to pick up the trailer today. So, I call today, and low and behold they tell me when they went to put the cylinder in, the tube it was shipped in was empty. Said it fell out in the UPS truck. So they have to order another one. (Ever heard the one about the check being in the mail?) I really figure the cylinder is riding around on someone else's rig. I told them to button it up and I will install it when it arrives. When I get through with this mess, I will be looking for a new dealer. Forget what I have said before, I am now willing to drive all day to take it elsewhere for service. Sorry for the rant, I just need to blow off some steam.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Sorry for all the trouble SW, but you have the right outlook! Go to a better dealer! Also, don't forget to let the general manager of that dealership know about your problems.
Good luck!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Will,

If your not afraid to drive Call Leisuretime RV in Oklahoma City. They are a fair dealer, great service department and some of the nicest folks I know. Tell Cliff that Phil sent ya. They are building a huge new dealership on I-40 and Anderson Road in Oklahoma City but are now on Douglas and I-40. there website is www.leisuretimervokc.com

Good Luck!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
The link to Leisuretime has an extra 'c' in it, it should be http://www.leisuretimervok.com/ which works.

By the way thanks Phil. I was curious and it looks like a great dealership. See it has some local awards as well.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:45 AM   #5
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Slick Willie, I would also mention your problems and your solution to the owner. The owner has more at stake than the general manager and I doubt the general manager is going place his/her position in jeopardy by forwarding your problems and decision to the owner.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:02 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I intend to talk to several folks as soon as I pick up the slide cylinder. I'll play it cool til then. I finally crawled around under the belly of the fiver yesterday. I had noticed the tape on the "T" that was cut in the plastic membrane was coming off. Well, they used duct tape when they resealed it. Then spray painted the tape black. I don't like the fact that it was cut at the factory, but at least the tape they used held good. I intend to talk to Keystone this week. Perhaps they'll be kind enough to send me some good tape. I would like to laminate another piece of plastic over the cut if possible. Then I think I may put a 1 X 2 furring strip across underneath the belly. If I don't, I feel I may look in the mirror one day, and the whole under belly will be dragging behind us. Oh, and they didn't seal any of the drains to the membrane as was done from the factory either. I'll have to get it all straightened out soon, as we'll be heading south in about a month.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
thoun
Established Member

M.O.C. #1747
We hit a stump (our Fault) on our way from Yakima, Washington to Seattle. We bent the front axle on our 3400RL. Tacoma RV in Tacoma, WA was fantastic to work with. We live in northern Wisconsin and also have had excellent service from the Montana dealer in Chippewa Falls, WI. Cudos to the good dealers!
thoun is offline   Reply With Quote