Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2017, 10:37 PM   #1
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
Adding awning on slide

Would like to add awning on curb side slide to give more covered outside area. Question is would this interfere with venting airflow for refrig. which is in this slide (side wall vent)? There are already 4 fans in the flue/vent area but in hot weather when the sun is on this wall in the PM it seems to cause a problem for the frig to stay cool. The awning would only be 3 or 4 inches above top of vent.

tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:26 AM   #2
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
I use sunshade mesh material on the curb side to reduce the hot and bright Florida sun from making the slide too warm and reduce fading. i have hooks attached to the upper corners of the slide and drape the shade to the ground and hold it in with tent stakes and rope. Its not the awing your looking for but this allows heat to pass through with out over heating the fridge. you can get the shade mesh tarps from harbor freight.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
Butch & Kathy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18980
My 3160RL has an awning on the kitchen slide. I added a 12 volt computer fan in the upper compartment to exhaust hot air. I would think that the extra shade and exhaust is better than the sun beating on the slide out.
Butch & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
recently had a friend have ref cooling problems. Unplugged ref and ran drop cord to pedestal. Ref cooled well. We took convertor from wall and tightened all connections, some took a full turn. replugged ref and all is well.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote