Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2003, 09:32 AM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Changes we would want in our next fiver

We currently have a 3295RK & we've been discussing what we find lacking in ours:

1) We would like an open kitchen or better yet, an island kitchen that you can COMPLETLEY WALK AROUND like the Alfa(?) has. This way more than one person can be in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up.

2) We want a master panel we can look at when the slideouts are retracted. I hate sliding on my stomach across the kitchen counter and over the sink to try and see what the tanks are registering when we are dumping or filling.

3) A bigger room for the toilet. Try completing business in the current small room. We have to shut the sliding door to downstairs so we can have the door to the toilet open for our legs. Worse if you are a tall female (I won't go into particulars here...)

4) A better means of privacy between the bed and the toilet & sink area. When another couple stays with us overnight, we'd like more privacy while in the bed area. Something different than the current white fabric accordian door. Maybe another type of rolling wood door?

5) Heating / AC ducts that aren't so exposed.
Ours are in the top of the basement and it's real easy to jam an item and rip a hole. Trust me on this here also. People who are having problems with getting decent heat or ac should maybe check their ducts and see if they have a hole somewhere.

Anyways, that's just a couple of the features we will be looking for. We aren't ready to change fivers yet, just listing some of the things we would advise people to watch out for when looking to buy a new fiver.

"On the Road Again...."
"Just Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again......."
Hometown: Davis, CA
2000 Dodge Ram SB 2500 4x4 Quad Turbo Cummings
2002 Keystone Montana 34' 3295RK
2001 Onan 3600 (propane powered)

Edited by - D&M On The Road on 03/25/2003 5:01:27 PM

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote