Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #21
gmseller
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13873
Congrats ! Nice truck

gmseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #22
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Jim and Tim, thank you very much! Each of you guys have might fine machines, too! Yesterday, took the Denali on a little road trip to some friends we have up in Three Rivers, MI. Have a little over 1000 miles on him now and fuel mileage is looking somewhat better. When I get a little more fuel used from this tank, I'll recalculate. For the urban type driving I've been doing, it is getting about 15. Sure hope that goes up a little more.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #23
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Man, I spent a lot of time in Three Rivers growing up. My grandparents and great uncle/aunt lived there. It was a really nice little town.

I see you don't have cab lights on the top of your truck. I thought they were required on one ton or larger trucks by law.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #24
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Tom S, the cab lights are an option on the 3500 SRW. The dealer did have a Silverado 3500 SRW LTZ that did have cab lights on it. I was strongly considering that truck because the stickers were within a couple hundred bucks of each other. I opted for the Denali because I liked the look of the front end and contour of the hood better. Silly, isn't it?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #25
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Tom S, the cab lights are an option on the 3500 SRW. The dealer did have a Silverado 3500 SRW LTZ that did have cab lights on it. I was strongly considering that truck because the stickers were within a couple hundred bucks of each other. I opted for the Denali because I liked the look of the front end and contour of the hood better. Silly, isn't it?
I like the Denali too, and would have ordered one if the dealer didn't have such a questionable service department. I stuck with Chevy for just that reason, the Chevy dealer has always given me good service.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #26
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Just got back to the house from getting the tri-fold bed cover installed. Had the bed liner installed last week. Only thing left is getting the hitch installed. I had called Dan's Service Center this morning and got a quote to install that. So, most likely going to call in the next few days and get that scheduled. This time, going to have the Bargman recept mounted in the back corner of the bed since the wiring is right there. Since this bed is shorter, I want the Bargman cord from the RV to lay in the bed instead of strung over the tailgate down to the bumper.

Used a company again, that does work for Rieth-Riley Construction to set trucks up with storage racks and shelves for truck beds and vans. If any of you guys in northern Indiana need someone to install pick-up bed liners, rubber mats and tonneau covers, this is the place. It is called Conversion Components on the northeast side of Elkhart. Jim is the owners name and if anybody wants his number, I can get it.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #27
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Hey Dale, congrats on that new 1000 lb torque denali!! you'll love it. Safe rides. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:12 AM   #28
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Thank you very much, Dennis! I already do love it and can't wait until I get to hook up to the old Challenger to see what happens. I may have to go easy on the throttle to make sure I don't yank the pin box off! It definitely has 397 hp and......that 6 speed tranny is something else.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #29
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Got finished today getting the Denali set-up for pulling. Took him up to Dan's Service Center and got the Reese 16K hitch installed. Told Ryan this is the 4th truck this hitch has been installed in. So, we decided to bolt the hitch to the frame instead of welding. That way, in 9 years when I trade for a 2023 GMC, I can transfer the bed rails to it. Ryan informed me that when we do upgrade to a bigger unit, I can pin a 20K hitch into these rails. For example, a Curt Q20. So, he's all ready to work! Can't wait to get him hooked up to the old Challenger and see how the 765 ft lbs of torque works with this 6 speed Allison!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #30
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Got finished today getting the Denali set-up for pulling. Took him up to Dan's Service Center and got the Reese 16K hitch installed. Told Ryan this is the 4th truck this hitch has been installed in. So, we decided to bolt the hitch to the frame instead of welding. That way, in 9 years when I trade for a 2023 GMC, I can transfer the bed rails to it. Ryan informed me that when we do upgrade to a bigger unit, I can pin a 20K hitch into these rails. For example, a Curt Q20. So, he's all ready to work! Can't wait to get him hooked up to the old Challenger and see how the 765 ft lbs of torque works with this 6 speed Allison!
I bought the Curt Q24 and it's a fine hitch. Love the operation and service. Built in the MidWest and very customer oriented. My new 2014 F 450 "Fifthwheel factory package" posed some obstacles for clean install of my Curt. I refused to be forced into buying a Reese ( call me hard nosed )! Lead engineer was fully on board to help my installer! Great people, like the good people at B&W!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote