Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Here is my take on this. Keystone or any other RV manufacturer cannot please everyone. What, for instance, if you were a person who never wanted satellite TV. Would you want to pay the extra for a more sophisticated setup. You can have an RV custom made for you. We have a friend who did just that. $80,000 later he still was not happy and I don't like his unit any better than our Montana. Another case in point is the Freeze Guard system. We will never use it but we paid for it. We have extra water pipes we will never use and the system is taking up room we could use for something else and it is probably adding some (here comes the bad word) weight. Think also about the materials Keystone may use - standard connections, but maybe I want gold push on so I would still have to make some changes. It seems there are many of us who have changed the setup and I bet everyone is different. We carry two receivers, yet some of you want to hook up just one receiver for both rooms. There is no way to make everyone happy because we are different - thank goodness!
Happy trails.......................

Sue and Ed Rowe
Hemet California

2005 3400RL
2006 GMC 3500 Dually, D/A, Crew Cab, Long Bed

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #22
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Sue,

Your points are well taken, however, since the title of this thread is 'What I'd like to say if...' - meaning what we'd like to say to Keystone if we had a Rep's ear, not to other members of MOC (read the Topic description). Just because an individual would personally LIKE to see something new or better doesn't warrant derision or criticism from others in the group. I stated what I would like to see & don't expect to be chastised for it, as I would NEVER do it to someone else. I don't know what you mean by 'gold push on', but whatever it is go ahead & ask for it, or doggy print wallpaper, whatever! It's you right, this is the place (thread) to do it, & I'm not going to criticize you for it, nor should anyone else. Chances are you (we) will never see it, but you DO have the RIGHT to ask for it.

If this happened all the time, then No ONE would dare ask for anything new in this thread for fear of ridicule or criticism from others. If I am the only one to ask for TRUE SATELLITE PREP, then you have no fear of ever having to pay for it. Then again, if no one ever asked for anything, the new Montanas would still look like the '98 models & the prices would STILL go up!

If the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be a little miffed (as I AM in writing this) too. Enough said - let Keystone do the responding...

Jim & Bev
'05 2955RL
'04 Duramax
Retired & Lovin' it!
[IMG] http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...rand_Blanc.gif border=0
alt="Click for Grand Blanc, Michigan Forecast" height=60 width=468>[/url]
[/IMG]
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Jim. We don't have a sat dish anyhow but if we ever do I'll probably not be very happy with the setup.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #24
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Sorry Steve, I hope I didn't across to you as the 'Grinch who stole Christmas'. To tell you the truth, I was a bit surprised myself to still see the same ol' setup, especially with all the other improvements they've made. I'm sure you will still enjoy your new rig tremendously, & rightly so - congrats!

Oh well, MAYBE someday...

Jim & Bev
'05 2955RL
'04 Duramax
Retired & Lovin' it!
[/IMG]
Old 08-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Nobody ever accused me of being sharp, Jim. And this is one of the times I can see why. I open multiple windows/tabs of MOC at one time and then go down the line. Usually by then I'm not even looking at what forum a post is in. In this case you were, as you said, posting your thoughts on what you would say to Keystone. Had I seen that I would have refrained from commenting since you were not asking for help. My mistake.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK

Old 08-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #26
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Steve,

Not a problem - no offense taken. I'm far from the sharpest tack in the rug also...

Jim & Bev
'05 2955RL
'04 Duramax
Retired & Lovin' it!
[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #27
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I agree with Jim and Rich on the Sat prep issue. Until there is some form of factory installed SIMPLE switching between input and output devices this is not a true Sat Prep.

I would like to see the switching box as standard Sat Prep equipment.

Farmer Don [MOC 3628]
Barbara & Fuzzy (the Bichon)
2001 3280RL
2004 Ford F250
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am sure that keystone will have a switching system installed soon. I would hope that they would provide a print and a upgrade kit for those who would like to upgrade..or is that wishful thinking.

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:43 AM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, I open multiple threads at the same time, using Firefox tabs. I then read one at a time. Doing that I tend to not notice the forum I'm in, just the topic and the posts. It's faster this way but you already saw the risk.

Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK