Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Owner's Manuals

This document is 80 pages of wasted paper. It is so generic it could have any RV manufacturer's name on the cover...would not make a bit of difference. Like most folks on this forum, this is the last of many RVs (and two boats) we have owned that have had the electical systems, water systems, propane systems and all the other things that, to a new RVer can be very confusing. To a new RVer, this manual is worthless...other than to cause even more confusion. Keystone needs to look at a Honda Accord owner's manual. It has pictures for each and every explanation, including different photos for each engine (V6 or 4) and body style.

I don't buy that they make too many RVs to make specific manuals for each. If they are charging $60k+ for a rig...they can take the time and expense to prepare a decent manual.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I don't agree that it is useless but it is not a very good manual. We didn't always have it and they produced after everyone complained about no manuals.

When I purchased my wifes car a few years ago I also purchased the shop manuals for 200 dollars. Keystone could do the same and make a profit off it. I would certainly buy the shop manuals for my unit if they were available.

I think part of the problem is standardization. For example wiring color codes would be hard since the wires don't have standard colors. They use what wire they have.

If they standardized the assembly for each unit it would be a lot easier to make a shop manual. (ie wiring colors,plumbing,dimensions,part numbers etc) Otherwise each unit has to have it's own manual and that would be expensive.

Maybe in the future....Lets hope so.

Tom and Betty
1997 F250 PSD/AutoTranny
DIY Exaust Brake w/TC lockup
AutoMeter Tranny/EGT Gage
Translife Tranny Cooler
Superchips Towsafe
16K Draw-tite Slider
2000 Montana 2850RK
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote