Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
BombGuy

M.O.C. #9486
First Time Out!!!!

Well, the wife and I finally did it. We set out on our first excursion this past weekend. We decided to call it a shakedown trip but it turned out to be awesome. We busted our butts all week and got everything ready like putting the airbags on the truck and buying all the important stuff and headed out Friday night after work. We drove the 2 hours down to the Kenai Princess Lodge RV Park. We had a blast even though we didn't come home with any fish. Looks like we are going to have to do it next weekend too!!!! Already have the reservations. Everything works like a champ and I couldn't be happier. Weather was a little cold but we just dress in layers up here in Alaska anyways. Sure beats doing suicide runs down to the river and back in the same day.

BombGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Congratulations BombGuy and enjoy. Tim
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL! It's great to hear when people post their great times! I am jealous your weekenders are in Alaska. I'll take the Alaska summer cold over the Desert Summer heat any day.

Congratulations on a successful maiden voyage!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Congratulations on your maiden run. It's addicting, isn't it?
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
From a fellow Alaskan, Welcome to "The Best Darned Forum on the WWW!!" We bought our 3400 from Simmons RV(do they still sell Montanas?), and did our shakedown at Ft. Rich, because they had full hook ups whereas Elmendorf only had water and elec. We enjoyed our stay at the post and went from there to Fairbanks, then left the state. May 07 was our departure date and haven't been back since. I have stayed at the Lodge there but not in the RV park. Sure glad to hear you had a great time. Not many good parks left in Anchorage I hear.....Enjoy that Mountaineer!!!!! And those cool Alaskan summer nights.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Next time your down this way, give us a holler. We live in Seward and would love to meet you. By the way, it's still raining down here.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm glad your first trip was a good one! And that you have many more. Congratulations and keep on enjoying.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
BombGuy

M.O.C. #9486
exav8tr, we bought our 5er from Simmons and they still do sell Montana's. They had 5 of them the week we went there and when we finally signed the papers they only had 2 left. They closed down there service department and sent us to Performance RV for all the hitch work and stuff.

sreigle, sure will let you know when we head down to your neck of the woods. Next weekend we are going back down to the Kenai and then the next weekend we are going to Whittier(kinda nervous about the tunnel) and then who knows where we will go from there.

Art-n-Marge, Me and the wife are both from Arizona and after being up here we kinda feel the opposite of you. This fishing is better here though even on the bad days at least you still see bears.

Thanks to everyone for the responses.
BombGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
What a great feeling, that first trip. We still get excited every year when we get to unlimber the rig in early spring. It is great to be able to camp with Monty.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
yogib1b
Established Member

M.O.C. #8719
Congrats on the trip. I've been to AK twice. Once for a wedding and next for a "BOU" trip up east of Northwest of Glen allen. I hope to make the run in our Monty someday. Beautiful State!
yogib1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey yobib1b, would you please explain "BOU"

And Bombguy - to be fair, I am the cold weather person. DW prefers where we are.

We wish you great fun on all your excursions!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote