Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #21
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Tom and I have been emailing one another regarding this product. He advises that he didn't receive the order has promised and telephoned the vendor (SafeTee). They apologized, told him they were swamped and to expect delivery on or about March 26th.

I called to place an order (I need my before April 1st). Spent 10 minutes on the phone with them. They were very up front about the delays in getting the units out. They were confident I would have mine before March 31st. I placed my order to get in line, they told me they would not charge my CC until they were certain I would receive the unit by the 31st and told me they would call me before charging the payment.

They also offered to calibrate the desired pressure and tire temps for me. The desired tire pressures are a no brainer, but I haven't a clue as to what temp to have them calibrate....any suggestions?

Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #22
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
All you guys that have ordered these monitors from SAF-TTE, which monitor did you order. Are you wanting to monitor your TVs tires as well as your RVs? Did you get a 4, 6, 8, or 10 tire system?

Buddy
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:09 AM   #23
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Good question Buddy.
I'm waiting for information on that same system. Much less expensive and reportedly does the same if not better job.

Thanks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:43 AM   #24
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
I ordered the 8 tire system. They will calibrate the sensors for the TV and 5er.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #25
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
We use a tire guage and put the tires at 80 lbs. I check them every morning (while they are cold) before we start out if we have been parked for 4-5 days. Not paranoid, "Just Cautious." Safe travels and "Have a Good Day"
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #26
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I went with Pressure Pro monitoring system from Mike and Pat Mcfall don't know anything about Safete. But I do know Mike and Pat, and their full timing RVer's and use the PPS. Ordered mine on Wed and arrived Friday and put them on the 5er and Truck 10 sensors. They measure air pressure and the heat of the tire. Its nice to push a button and scroll thru all the tires and feel safe while running down the road. For sure since most Rv's are comming with the China bombs, just a ticking bomb. Good Luck with your choice.. GBY....

If You go to a lot of Rally's you probably have met Pat and Mike. Huge Class 8 Truck and big 5th wheel.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #27
condor
Established Member

M.O.C. #6205
Here is another site that has a similar monitor, also checks temp. Cost is between $190 and $205, depending on type of setup. I have not yet purchased one of these monitors, but because of the damage I sustained a few years ago after a blowout went undetected, I WILL be getting one of them. Thanks whoever came up with this.

http://www.tirepressuremonitor.com/details.htm#rv
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 AM   #28
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
One of you asked about tire temperature min-max and critical.

I have an infrared temperature gun and check tires at rest stops early in the morning and in the heat of the day (3:00pm or so). I have an SOB fiver and it weighs around 18,500 lbs and I run G rated Goodyear G614's. I also have the Pressure Pro System that I got from Mike McFall. I enjoy being able to check all 10 tires's air pressure from the tractor each morning.

I learned the following from a tire technician on another forum (Escapees).

"Dangerous temperatures on ANY tire are 185+. Normal operating temps are 100-175f(depending on road conditions(asphalt,concrete,bumpy,smooth)and ambient temp. Tires will start to delaminate on the top belts at approx 210 degrees f,they will fail at 235 F.
When you take infra red readings,always take them from about 1/2 - 1" from the outer and inner edges of the tire,this is the area in which a tire will retain the most heat It is what the manufacturers call the belt edge region."
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:59 AM   #29
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Thanks for the tire temps,I use the infrared tool at stops but didn't know what temps I was looking for.I figured if one tire was a lot hotter than the others I had a problem that needed attention. My next snowbird trip I should have a monitoring system.I'm leaning towards the pressure-pro
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #30
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We have the Pressure Pro system as of March of this year. After our latest 1500 mile trip this spring I will never tow again without such a system. The peace of mind alone is priceless, we are still running with those missions. Ours is the system that monitors up to 16 sensors and ordered it from Pat & Mike, great folks, great system. We are currently montoring 6 truck tires and 4 trailer tires plus the trailer spare.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #31
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
On my trip from Bryce Canyon to Salt Lake City today, we lost pressure in a rear inside dually on the turck. Monitor was first alert, pulled off insterstate and went to Les Schwab. They pulled a 2 inch long screw out of the tire and repaired it and I was on my way in 30 minutes. I have the pressure pro system without heat sensors. This is now the fourth tire problem I have had and the pp system has worked perfectly...I would not leave home without it. Not sure how you know the inner tire is flat until it shreds or the second tire goes flat also......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:41 AM   #32
osubeaver76
Established Member

M.O.C. #6475
Note to ehmcfarl and to Waynem: I just received my Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) from Saf-Tee and I bought the 10-unit package (6 for my dually F-350 and 4 for the SOB). ALthough their marketing/distribution problems made the wait painfully long (Jan to May), it will probably be worth it in the long run. They calibrated each sensor to the tire pressures I provided (via email). They also included a paper wheel diagram with sensor ID numbers denoted so I know where to place each pre-calibrated sensor. If the weather is decent here in Northern Virginia this weekend, I'd like to make the installation and fire it up before going on the highway later next month. I plan to ignore the temperature function (I guess because I really don't trust it). As others have said before, this distributor has decided to leave the RV market for the time being (too many headaches and problems, most likely from receiving over 1,200 orders the first week!), concentrating on the heavy trucking industry they were originally servicing. that's all I know for now.
Happy trails,
Guy
osubeaver76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #33
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by buschet1

I just bought a monitor yesterday from http://www.truckerspartstore.com. It monitors tire pressure and tire temp. It also allows you to set your own alarm parameters. Take a look at it. I compared with the other monitors and like this one the best. Not a bad price either.
I expect to be able to go back to traveling again in April 2009 after full recovery from back surgery. In our previous travels, I've always been concerned about loss of tire pressure and so now, after a long time of traveling, I'm interested in these tire pressure monitor systems. This one sounds like a good one. What has been your experience since you've had it for about six months?

Have others had any experience with other pressure monitor systems that they could share with me--not necessarily whether or not you think your system is the best, but what has been your experience? For me, the cost is not the significant factor. What is important to me is the usefulness of the product.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 AM   #34
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
I ordered the Saf-Tee system in Feb, but canceled the order the last week of March (left on a cross-country road trip April 1st). Can those of you who finally received their Saf-Tee TPMS give us a product review? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #35
stripit

M.O.C. #8724
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Joe-n-Doe

I ordered the Saf-Tee system in Feb, but canceled the order the last week of March (left on a cross-country road trip April 1st). Can those of you who finally received their Saf-Tee TPMS give us a product review? Thanks!
I have a set on my rig and think they work very well. They give temps and pressures. It is interesting to see the temps raise as we travel. I think for the money they are well worth the investment. The company has had some problems in obtaining merchandise and getting it to the customer. They just switched distributors to another company, so that might help them??? I can move my truck over 100 feet away from my trailer and still get a reading from the trailer tires.
stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #36
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
ProPressure all the way! Remember,you get what you pay for.
Never any problems with the system and if I did I know my reps. Pat and Mike are right there to help. ProPressure made in U.S.A.--- Saf-Tee TPMS made in China. Good luck with those Chinese Reps. Remember the Mission tires! When my families safety is at stake,I don't mind paying a few more dollars for quality.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #37
Squarenot

M.O.C. #8262
I am new to all of this, so go easy on me. Just took the maiden voyage this past Labor Day weekend with the 3400RL.
Checking tire pressures (and lug nuts) seems to be prudent and should probably be on our daily check list. At the risk of hijacking this thread, where or how do you all inflate your tires? At selected fuel stations or do you have an on board machine?
Robert
Squarenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #38
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I have the Pressure Pro System, (thanks Mikes & Pat) great service and can be reach almost anytime and they are HONEST. As for Air Compressor, I have used a Craftsmans 150 lb capacity, which is a must for the Goodyear G614's 110 lb capacity. And takes up very little space. I also carry a Torq wrench, which you have to have and use. Good Luck with you choice. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #39
shawk

M.O.C. #8790
Does anyone have information on ultra crt tires? Had a blowout on my Big Sky an the tires had less than 600 miles. Have some Michelin ribs ordered have no confidence in the ultra crt. Tire was made in China. Has 80psi in the ultras.
shawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #40
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Check Harbor Freight for low prices carry on air compressors...as well as life time guaranteed 1/2" drive torque wrenches...for $15.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote