Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Bedroom slide 3400rl

I just found on our 05 3400rl bedroom slide that when I pulled the mattress back from the wall that the storage box frame that mattress sets on has pulled away from the wall. It looks as though 3 screws were used to attach box to wall and screws didn't hold and from the slide going in and out the holes have been enlarged. The bed box on one corner was about 2" from the wall. Don't know if there is suppose to be a brace in the wall and they missed it when the screws were put in. Ant ideas
thanks
Allen
also found some of the problem on my water pipes hammering. The water pump wasn't boulted to the floor on all corners. I put a carpet under pump and then secured all 4 corners of pump and it helped reduce the noise.

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
This happened to us last year. I noticed one day when I went to make the bed it seemed to be crooked, so I had my husband help me pull up the bed and saw that the screws had pulled away from the wall. So Bill being the big guy that he is just shoved it all back and said we'll just keep an eye on it. This was towards the end of the summer and she's in the pole barn put away till spring. If it keeps happen'in we'll come up with a better fix. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote