Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
What I like Best

Someone brought up a good point in an earlier thread. Some of us(me) usually only post when we(I) have a problem. I don't want anyone to think I am anything less than tickled to death with my rig. With this in mind I want everyone to tell me what they like the most about their rig. I will start.

What I like the most about my rig...
It doesn't look like a cheap trailer when you walk inside. Some of the units I have sen over the past year look like cardboard boxes. My trailer feels like home when I walk in the door.

Ok its your turn...

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
My wife and I both like the storage space inside and out (even thou we don't use all of it). And the ability to use the unit with out having to extend the slides like for a quick lunch on the road.
We have had our 2955RL for 6 months and no major problems.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Okay, what I like most about my rig;
I guess I'd have to say the rig itself!!!!
This is our second Montana and the next one will be a Montana also.
And don't forget the wonderful people we've met because of this forum!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My Big Sky feels like home. Things are simple, close, warm and friendly. We are guests in a 5 BR, 4 bath home. We are very grateful for it while Dianna is recovering, but I can't keep up with the house work and then there is the lawn and the pool. Egad!!

I can dust and vacuum my Montana in 15 minutes with the central vacuum system. We really enjoy living in the Montana. It is beautiful, peaceful and comfortable.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
We are in our Montana approx 9 mos out of the year, I love the open floor plan of our 2006 3670RL, Will take good care of this unit and keep it until they make this floor plan again. Also Love all the storage, but have used it all up unlike "rogue"
2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
Hey we feel the same.We have never found anything we like better.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 2golfers

We are in our Montana approx 9 mos out of the year, I love the open floor plan of our 2006 3670RL, Will take good care of this unit and keep it until they make this floor plan again. Also Love all the storage, but have used it all up unlike "rogue"
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Having looked at every brand in the price range I can say that the Montana 3400 is the best bang for the buck. Keystones/Montana division reputation in backing the product made a huge difference. It is a well built rig( unfortunately not by my standards) IMO Montana has less problems than other like brands. We live in it over 6 months a year and it has served us well.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
What I like the most about my rig...

First and foremost, It's a Montana! IMHO their is no SOB that has the BANG FOR THE BUCK that my Monty has. Oh sure, in some minds, there maybe a better floor plan offered in the SOB that Montana doesn't have but I haven't found one better than our 3485SA.

There are some that are loaded with a lot more "Eye Candy" but "Eye Candy" is just "Cosmetics" and I would never buy any rig because it's prettier. That's akin to buying a new TV because you like the color and not looking any deeper. Pretty does not relate to quality.

Some are loaded with extras such as a bigger screen television. Come on, a 27 inch TV is plenty big when you consider the size of the living room. Unnecessary extras does not relate to quality either.
With all these Extras and Eye Candy also comes a higher price and of course less BANG FOR THE BUCK.

2nd is Keystone Customer Service. IMHO, there is no better Customer Service department than Keystone. I am constantly hearing stories from SOB owners where their customer service department is muchless than adequate. None seem to be any where near the high level of Keystone.

3rd is this very club. NO where have I ever been associated with such great people. I have yet to find that Online SOB owners club that even begins to compare. This forum is loaded with some of the finest RVers on earth. If you have questions, concerns, problems about any thing about the RV lifestyle this is the ONLY place to get your answers without the flaming, critizism, etc you will find on the more generic RV forums. This forum is soley owned by one individual and not by Montana, Keystone or Thor. We are free to post our BAD experiences with our Monty's without fear of being deleted or banned. Most all SOB Owners forums are owned and controlled by the SOB manufacturer and therefore be careful of what you say about their SOBs.

I could go on on about all the friendships we have made thru this MOC forum.
I could go on about the friendships we have made with the folks at Keystone and Montana.
I could go on about so many other great What I like the most about my rig... but by now I think you get the picture.

To sum up..Dale Brubaker uses the ID "MIMF" which stands for "Montana In My Future". I may change my User ID to "MAIMF" or "Montana's ALWAYS In My Future"
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 AM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
When we were shopping, we looked several months at the Montana 3075RL, Cardinal 30TS, and Cedar Creek 30LSTS. All similar size, similar floor plans, and similar price. But we kept coming back to the Montana. Lots of little things that just seem to put it a step above the others. And the more we use it, the more I am convinced we made the right choice.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Okie Guy,

Agree with you 100% "My trailer feels like home when I walk in the door."

Read my sig line, that says a lot about how we feel about our unit.

And after spending 3.5 months in her in our own yard because we could not live in the stick built, I would like to add:

TANA IS OUR HAVEN!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Have to agree with Glenn, there are many things I like about our Montana. At the top of the list would be Keystone's customer service and this forum. When we bought our first Montana we knew nothing about fifth wheels, having had motor homes in the past. This forum was a blessing in helping with questions and problems. We cannot imagine having any other brand as we would not have this great "owner's manual" at our fingertips. This is why we are now waiting the delivery of our third (and I say final) Montana. A Big Sky which will come off the ine on 11/27. The first two units we bought from dealer stock, but after two units we finally figured out what we wanted most and ordered what we wanted this time from the factory. We go to all the close by RV shows but NEVER find anything we like better than the MONTANA line.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 AM   #12
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
We went to RV shows for years looking at various models when we were getting ready to move up to a fifth wheel. My father inlaw had been fifth wheeling in Carriage products for years and we always thought that we would end up with one also. However, the Montana models just kept catching our eye especially when comparing the pricing. Like Glenn pointed out, we feel that the best return on our investment comes from Montana. Above all, it really feels like home when we are in it. Unfortunately, we are only vacationers at this point but really looking forward to becoming longtimers soon. We love our 2955RL. I hope Keystone doesn't fall into the temptation to go "high end" with the Montana line because the "bang for the buck" is great right where they are.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 AM   #13
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We started camping in a conversion van, advanced to a 30' TT, then a 32' MH. Saw the Montana at an RV show and bought a new (at that time) 2002 Montana before we left the show. We had some small problems but they were taken care of by our dealer and we thought so much of it that we purchased another new Montana without even looking at another brand. We have taken advantage of Keystone Customer Service and been more than pleased with them. If we were ever to purchase another RV, we are sure that it would be a Montana, also. This forum is a great side feature of owning a Montana. We have had all of our questions answered here and have met some really great people.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:17 AM   #14
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I posed this question to my DW, Cathy, this morning and her answer was "It's homey". Glenn has succintly stated many of the things I would add. Haven't met alot of MOCers yet but this has been catch up time with family since we have been in Alaska for 14 years. We will leave Fairfield, CA next week and travel to San Diego to see son, then to Phoenix, to see son, then it will be off to the wild blue yonder to meet as many folks from the MOC and see as many sight as we can. The adventure continues.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:28 AM   #15
buschet1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7460
I am very happy that this thread was started. Thank you Okie Guy. Being fairly new to this forum and having purchased my Montana in April 2007 I was becoming concerned. I was concerned because I am NOT having the problems with the Montana that I read about in this forum. And hoping that I just got a good one. After reading some of the positive remarks here I feel that my research prior to my purchase was right on. The Montana is a great value for the money spent. I at this point could not be happier with my rig. Every time we open the door and step into our Montana we have a rush of joy and a feeling of total freedom. I am very proud to be pulling this rig down the road. Thank you all for your contributions to this forum. I have picked up a lot of really good information. See you in Gettysburg!!!
buschet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 AM   #16
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
What we like best about our Monty is:

Everything
When we open her up at the selected campsite it's roomy, and it's our home on the road.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #17
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Anytime I'm in our Montana I'm relaxed and happy.

Always get a great feeling just stepping through the door.

Once inside it feels the same no matter where we are.

If I've had a bad day, just have to go into the Monty,

And all is well.

P.S. I love my MOC family!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #18
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
In spite of having a few problems with our Montana we love it. It has provided us with a wonderful home for the last 4 years and Montana has been good about taking care of us.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #19
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Well, I had researched TT's on line and liked the floor plan of the one we have. When my wife stepped into this unit and looked around for a few minutes-she declared "I want it". nuf said.

The only real problem I have is that it sits outside the house and everytime I look at it I want to take off somewhere!
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #20
levietta
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7537
One of the little things that I do not like about my Montana is the manual that came with it. It is so generic it is next to worthless. I understand that it might be cost prohibitive to print one that is specific to each name coach, but they could provide a web site with pertinent specific data. Having said that, what we like best about our Montana is that it tows so very easily for its weight and length. The inside appearance is quality, more so that comparably priced competitors. It has a warm, homey feeling.
levietta is offline   Reply With Quote