Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2008, 03:51 AM   #1
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Apollo help needed

When pulling out of the storage lot yesterday, I cut the turn too tight and hit an iron gate causing some cosmetic damage, bending the frame of the kitchen window and breaking the small fixed window of our 3400. Duck tape on the window should hold us until we get back. Didn't look too bad until we checked inside and found the inside glass door of the Apollo shattered too.

I know there have been many threads about this oven. DW doesn't care about the convection feature and just wanted a replacement microwave. I checked on line with CW, they have a Dometic but they don't mention the trim or mounting bracket on the web. The size isn't close to that of the black trim piece for the Apollo.

Does anyone have any suggestion regarding the replacement, either brand, trim or securing? We are leaving this Friday for 3 weeks & I would assume replacing the oven would be faster than trying to replace the door. Your advise and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
I found a convection microwave at LOWES that was black in colour and was about 1/2 inch bigger than the plastic facing from the Apollo oven.. some minor trimming and you would never know the difference.....the problem then was the new Convection oven did not have the internal fan required to expel the heat from the cavity nor from the cupboard and it could have been a fire hazard... and.....if the apollo is still good...call apollo and you will be redirected to a supplier that will shop you the parts needed to repair yours...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ken, I got new parts for my Apollo in just a few days. My DW has learned to use all the features of the Apollo and really loves it, of course, we are in it full time also. She even bakes in it. She says once you learn the features in it, it is a real time saver......I would seriously consider just changing the window/door. If you know where you will be for awhile, they will be glad to mail to any address....JMHO
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #4
pandew
Established Member

M.O.C. #4408
As full timers for 2 1/2 years, we love the convenience of the Apollo, including the 1/2 time and convection features. We have had a couple small issues with the oven in that time and the Apollo manufacturer has always responded to our needs.
pandew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:58 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Ours is a Dometic Microwave/Convection and we would echo the value of the convection. If it were me, I would try to get it fixed.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Thanks all for your response. I contacted Apollo, they shipped me a new door ($35.00) which looks like a piece of cake to install. Much better solution than replacing the oven!

Thanks again!!
Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Glad to hear all worked out for you. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote