Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #41
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Humm. Well the converter behind the wall in the W/C in the 3400 was not a great idea and I guess there is always the problem of where to put it and have adequate ventilation. I would assume that engineering also reduced the chance of water leakage in that area or that the converter has been waterproofed??? I like the idea of the 80 unit. Mine has gone belly up once and perhaps the next time we can get the 80 amp unit under extended Warranty. IMO the second grill makes no difference in the looks of the camper.. I may see if we can get one of those to add to this camper for the added ventilation.
I fail to understand how they can put the converter in an enclosed area behind the wall in the W/C and then say they are concerned about air circulation.

TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #42
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Humm. Well the converter behind the wall in the W/C in the 3400 was not a great idea and I guess there is always the problem of where to put it and have adequate ventilation. I would assume that engineering also reduced the chance of water leakage in that area or that the converter has been waterproofed??? I like the idea of the 80 unit. Mine has gone belly up once and perhaps the next time we can get the 80 amp unit under extended Warranty. IMO the second grill makes no difference in the looks of the camper.. I may see if we can get one of those to add to this camper for the added ventilation.
If there is a concern about air circulation...why put the converter in an enclosed area over the W/C?
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #43
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well that is a large area up there and if you explore you will find that it is vented into the roof area then out the roof vents.There is also a "vent" in the ceiling of the W/D area in the 3400. We were told that it was for Converter ventilation but upon inspection we found the converter above the vent..Hot air raises so that logic escaped me. We added a 4 inch muffin fan in the vent to help push that hor air out of there. We did have a converter replaced but have had no other heat related problems.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #44
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
On mine there are the grills in the steps and then on the cover that you remove from the basement to get to it there is another small adjustable 4" round grill.
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #45
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Walso, I'm not familiar with that vent but would bent it's to provide more heat to the basement storage area, especially where the water connections are. I used a remote thermometer in our basement when it was in the teens outside and the area where we connect the hoses never got below 36 degrees F.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #46
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Lady RV Thank you for jumping in and explaining the reasoning for the second grill. Much Thanks for taking the time to keeping some of our questions answered...
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote