Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
royando
Established Member

M.O.C. #9021
Storage under Oven and Refrigerator

2003 3280 RL. I just knocked out the wood panel under the oven in our kitchen slide. The area did not have any wiring or plumbing under there. It was carpeted and makes great storage. I will get a door made at a local cabinet shop.
I am thinking about doing the same with the area under the Refrigerator. Does anyone know if there is anything in there?

royando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
You will find that a lot of us have done the same thing. Under the refrigerator on the 3400RL there is wiring that needs to be secured so it will not be an issue with items stored down there. We store our vac hose kit under the refrigerator. Got some hinges and cabinet pull just like the other cabinets so it looks factory made door.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
In 2003 we actually had the converter under the fridge on our 2955RL, so no real place to add storage.

However, our 2007 3400RL had an empty space under there and after some mods became an ideal storage area for the vacuum stuff. We used spring loaded hinges and wood filled the original screw holes (our mods).
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
royando, on our 3280, I removed the kick panels under both the fridge and stove. My brother-in-law made doors and drawers that I installed. We put the pots and pans under the stove and lids and baking pans under the fridge. I also knocked out the panel beside the inverter, under the coat closet and installed my autoformer there.
If you happen to get your hands on one of the cabinet doors, I installed one at the end of the counter by the hot water heater.
Just a few ideas, there are lots of improvements you can do to make the Montana say you!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We also installed drawers under fridge and stove for vac hose etc and pots and pans. There is also a little panel in front of the bathroom sink (at least there is on ours) that can be removed to install a small pull down door to store toothpaste and toothbrushes etc. I think Keystone actually added some of these storage areas in later models than our '05.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
How easy was it to open the spaces under the oven and refrigerator? Did you just knock out the oblong center panels? Also where did you find the cabinet doors for those openings? Thanks for your help.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

In 2003 we actually had the converter under the fridge on our 2955RL, so no real place to add storage.

However, our 2007 3400RL had an empty space under there and after some mods became an ideal storage area for the vacuum stuff. We used spring loaded hinges and wood filled the original screw holes (our mods).
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Easy to knock out, just held with staples. I made up drawer fronts from oak board I bought at Home Depot. I cut them to size and shaped them with some help from the wood shop in the RGV campground we were staying in at the time. (Bentsen Palm Village). Most cabinet makers should be able to help. Stain with appropriate minwax stain.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote