Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Kitchen upstairs

Went to an RV show in the area recently and they had a Prowler Regal 5ver with the kitchen up front. Anyone else seen this model? We thought it was very nice - something totally different that we hadn't seen before.

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Our very first fifth wheel was a Prowler Regal with the living room up front. We bought it used, and I very much liked that arrangement. The Montana which has the front living room is bigger (longer and heavier) than we would desire, but I am still fascinated by the few models which depart from the 'bedroom upstairs' which is almost universal. I will look forward to seeing this model of the Prowler Regal.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I pulled it up to have a look see. It's huge. But very very nice.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I did a search and found several inside pictures at broadmoor rv's site. It's hard to say without setting foot in the rig but the pictures of the kitchen are quite impressive. "Wow" was Vicki's reaction. Mine, too. I'd really like to see Keystone consider a similar floorplan for the Montana. I'm still looking for the floorplan to see how it's actually put together.

--edited-- found the flooplan. Center living area. Rear bedroom. Walk through bath area to get to bedroom. Bath area has what appears to be a hinged solid door between bath and bed area with lavatory, shower, water closet on the bath side of the door. Looks like sliding door between bath and living area.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We were talking about this a few months back. Ther are a couple different models of fifth wheels that do this. It really is impressive.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I would have to think the 5er would be VERY tall. I can't stand up in my Monty all the way into the bedroom, in fact only about half the way. It's fine for sleeping, and I sleep on the "high side" but I could no more cook up there than the man in the moon. I'm not that tall 6'2" but it wouldn't even be close to comfortable, and I do most of the cooking. I'm sure they could arrange it a little differently but it just seems like it would be high on that side, much higher than my Monty.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve, you got a URL for that front kitchen, curiousity strikes
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #8
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Steve, you got a URL for that front kitchen, curiousity strikes
Hey there Carol, Steve, Carol and everyone else.

I was just reading this thread today at work and found some links, photos and floor plans.

Photos of Prowler Regal AX6 385FKQS

and

More photos of the Prowler Regal AX6 385FKQS

and

and just one more

It looks pretty nice and it's very big, 39'10" and pretty darn heavy. I'll bet Montana could make it even better looking. Although photos never seem to do some things justice so maybe it looks very elegant if you were to be actually inside?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I looked at this layout last year at the Trailer Life RV rally in Bend, Or. It is a impressive looking coach, but I did not like the smaller living room area and the 2nd door in the bedroom.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Wow that is pretty nice with the kitchen up front!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I like the upfront kitchen but not much else.

Keystone should sponsor a nationwide floorplan contest that only current Montana owners could enter. Winner would receive the first Montana off the assembly line made from the winning floorplan.

Okay, I am dreaming.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:50 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Would that not have a serious effect on the pin weight???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:09 AM   #13
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Rich, my thought as well. I am starting to feel slightly paranoid about the whole "weight" issue! LOL

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:53 AM   #14
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
The pin weight issue could be a factor. If you look at the configuration of the 3685FL Montana and the weight up there, I bet it would be close. I guess the only way to really figure it out is the total weight of the appliances/dinnette vs. the weight of the Montana's sofas, fireplace, entertainment center & cabinets. I'm pushing 6'1" and have no problem with the headroom in the 3685's living room. This is an interesting concept and like others have said, would like to see what Montana could come up with.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 AM   #15
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I'm with Montana Sky on this one. The living room looks really boxed in. I can't see how it would be possible to get a second recliner in there. I like the kitchen area but spend a lot more time in the living room. Let's face it. There is no way in a 400 sq ft house to have it all. To gain one thing, you must lose another.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:09 AM   #16
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Just looked at those pictures. I love the floorplan. I also love the idea of two doors. That's why a couple of years ago we had the 3685FL. I also see that it comes with the awning over the second door which I had to fight for.
I think Keystone should look into this floorplan.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:44 AM   #17
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I thought I liked the concept of the upstairs kitchen at first, but after seeing the pics, not really liking the reality of it. I think the kitchen would be too hot. I did like the wood floors & the bar, but that has nothing to do with the floorplan. I like D and M's idea about having a floorplan contest! Can't you just imagine all the things we could all come up with? Maybe we could just do it for fun - right here on the MOC? Hmmmm......
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #18
Merv
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1001
The pin weight could be reduced by the axle location and how much weight is in back of the axles.
It may get rather warm up there when cooking. Would need a power roof vent for sure.
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #19
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
If you think about it, the pin weight shouldn't be that much different for the front kitchen, as it would be for the front bedroom - bedding/frame, drawers, BR, shower, etc. I would be curious, though. I'm sure the mfr thought of this issue when designing this floor plan. I would think.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #20
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I saw a camper with this floor plan not sure who made it though. I did not like the living area in the middle. It made it seem so small. Could have just been me and what I like but it seemed to me like too much space was used to the kitchen. I would prefer the space in the living room.
I like the contest proposed above. That would be something!!
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote