Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2006, 03:37 AM   #1
Yank
Established Member

M.O.C. #5127
Travelling with Pet Birds

Hi...I was wondering if anyone out there takes their pet birds on the road with them? We will be going on the road soon fulltime and want to take them with us. We live and Canada and want to spend the winters in the USA. Has anyone taken birds back and forth from Canada to the USA. Not sure if they would need a passport or not...thanks Al and Judy.

Still can't get my picture to work..

Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi Yank, We don't travel with any pets but I do know we do have some folks traveling with their pet birds. I am sure they will be jumping in here shortly.

I did return your email about the pic. Try to email me the pic and I'll see what I can do to get it working.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:01 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We travel with a Cock-A -TOO .IMHO they are the perfect pet..they travel well, are no problem are not messy and if things get tough you can eat them (just kidding..maybe)We will be going to Canada for a rally this summer and we can not take the bird.It would require a 30 day quarantine/I am sure it is the same both ways.We also carry a health certificate from our vet as some if not most states require them.You may never be stopped by the Bird Police and checked for the certificate but if you are you will lose a very expensive bird..I would check the laws of both countries well before attempting a border crossing..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
Yank
Established Member

M.O.C. #5127
[quote]Originally posted by richfaa

We travel with a Cock-A -TOO .IMHO they are the perfect pet..they travel well, are no problem are not messy and if things get tough you can eat them (just kidding..maybe)We will be going to Canada for a rally this summer and we can not take the bird.It would require a 30 day quarantine/I am sure it is the same both ways.We also carry a health certificate from our vet as some if not most states require them.You may never be stopped by the Bird Police and checked for the certificate but if you are you will lose a very expensive bird..I would check the laws of both countries well before attempting a border crossing..

Hi guys...thanks for the info on the birds. I hope we never get that hungry. We want to take the birds with us so will check. Have fun...Al and Judy...
Yank is offline   Reply With Quote