Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2005, 04:34 AM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Heat Strip with CCC?

I don't want to resurrect the remote thermostat thread again, so I thought I would start this as a new topic.

When I read the instructions for installing the new Comfort Control Center thermostat, it seemed to me that there was provision to add a heat strip. Has anyone done this or have any thoughts on the subject?
Even if the wiring and control circuits exist, is there the physical space to put the heating element?

The idea of using the A/C's 20 amp circuit to provide an auxuliary source of electic heat appeals to me. Seems like a better idea than carrying a portable fan heater and finding somewhere to plug it in where it won't trip a breaker.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:22 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OntMont

Had one on the ole TT, built 1989. Obviously could be different technology and efficiency, etc.

That said, did not use ours a lot, did not like the movement of air, did not feel it did that good a job, started carrying the little ceramic heaters to use instead.

Again, unit was 1989, that might not be the case now.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:27 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lived in an apartment once with a heat strip. Not good, froze to death most of the time. The advantage of the little portable electric heaters are just that, they are portable. You can have them in the bedroom at night, living room in evening or day and near (carefully) the shower when showering.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote